Greater London & Surrounding Areas - Recommended Dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by DangerMouseUK, Jun 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

May 28, 2018
    London, UK
    Hi Guys,

As per the title really, was wondering if anyone had any recommended dealerships in the Greater London and surrounding areas or any feedback good or bad.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated as I need to figure where to take my bike.

Thanks!

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Well it would help us help you if we knew what you wanted done.....it may not be a Triumph dealership you need.......

I’m guessing a first service?

3. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

May 28, 2018
    London, UK
    Ah just the first service and ordering in & fitting some parts whilst they're doing the service.

Oh and possibly checking that the V&H map (if there is one) has been loaded properly as there's a lot of popping going on at the moment.

Also in general it would be just good to have a lay of the land so to speak on the dealers around me in London as you normally get your fair share of not-so-good ones down here so it's just good to be aware who's good and who's not.

Thanks!

4. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

May 28, 2018
    London, UK
    From reading so far I've got;

Metropolis London (Not going there)
    Jack Liley Ashford
    Jack Liley Romford
    Carl Rosner Croydon
    Hertfordshire Triumph Hemel Hempsted
    Ongar Motorcycles Great Dunmow
    Destination Triumph Guilford
    Bulldog Triumph Wokingham
    HughendenM40 Oxford

The posts on the Romford JL, Ongar Motorcycles and Metropolis aren't great so I will skip those three (had a bad experience at Metropolis before so that's all good). So was just wondering about the others.

5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Heard good things about Tri moto in SE london. Never used them though. One of the main mechs was a Triumph mech. Cheaper hourly rate than Triumph
    Used Lilly’s in ashford, no complaints
    Destination Triumph in Guildford were pricey and a bit sloppy but haven’t used them for 3 years
    Use a mobile mech at the moment ex Triumph but only works Surrey Sussex area

6. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

May 28, 2018
    London, UK
    Is Lily's in Ashford the same company as the Romford branch that seem to get slated a lot?

Also thanks for the other feedback, gonna stick to main dealers for now and then go from there but I've remembered what you've said thanks.

7. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

May 28, 2018
    London, UK
    People also seem to say good things about Bulldog in Wokingham and Hertfordshire Triumph.

Any other feedback would be appreciated from anyone who's been to one of these dealers :)

8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I just bought my Thruxton from Jack Lilly Romford, I honestly can’t say anything bad about them.

I got the cafe racer kit with the bike. I fitted all the parts myself but did have an issue with the speed the indicators flashed, I rode to the the dealer and the fixed it instantly.

I’ve bought a few bikes over the years and I can’t recommend them enough, also my Daytona 675R was part exchanged and that bike is awesome if anyone wants one 700 miles from new.

9. DangerMouseUK

DangerMouseUK New Member

May 28, 2018
    London, UK
    Went down to Carl Rosner's in Croydon and they were spot on.

Heard bad things about pretty much every other Greater London dealership but them so went there.

Lovely people, family run, friendly and did what they said they would. Great service, going to use them going forward!

10. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Yes the Romford branch is the same ...all Lind motors now.
    Had a very difficult time with them last summer when a) they snapped a spark plug doing a 12 k service on my tbird.
    2 days before my european tour. bb )Sold me an LT which blew up 4 days later in Holland and were v reluctant to refund me.
    I'd dealt with them for years before too.

11. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    That’s a 100% different experience than I’ve had with them

12. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Who did you buy your bike from as the first service is free

13. Alatamoc

Alatamoc Senior Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Uk
    Absolutely...I do understand...but I can only speak as I find.
    As said...I'd dealt with them for a number of years without problems....I was surprised at their poor response....though in the end I got a refund.
    Then when I returned their loan bike there was my original tbird up for sale ...apoa apparently they'd managed to remove the broken plug in situ without the £2000 they had asked me to pay.
    To their credit they sold me my old tbird back ...I'm still riding it.

• Like Like x 1