Grand Meet Up 2018 Wales

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Rooster, Jan 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    #1 Rooster, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Hi

A couple of years back some forum members though it would be a great to meet face to face and so the idea of a Grand Meet Up (GMU) was born. A weekend in Derbyshire was organised and around 18 forum members turned up stopping in a mix of Hotels, B&B and a Bunkhouse attached to a pub in the Buxton area. Two rideouts were organised to explore the local countryside and much merriment ensued. So much so it was decided to repeat the event.

And so in 2017 the second GMU took place in Bellingham, Northumberland again centred around a Bunkhouse with some camping, stopping in B&B’s and a local hotel. This time 26 attended. A couple of rideouts took place taking in some very scenic routes in the Borders region of Scotland, Cumbria and Northumberland, we even ended up at Hadrian’s Wall. There was also a raffle with some great prizes, a curry night and a BBQ.

This year will see the 3rd GMU taking place in Mid Wales starting on Thursday 12th July and ending on Sunday 15th (3 nights). Everyone is welcome, in reality most of us don’t know each other so don’t think that you won’t know anybody if you attend as most of us don’t either. You WILL be made to feel welcome.

We are hoping to increase last years attendance to around 40, but there is no limit. It’s a family friendly event, there will be a few wife’s and partners attending and a couple of Farther and sons are already signed up and some coming from as far afield as Ireland and Holland

If you would like to find out more then there are a couple of sticky threads you can look at. The first is the Accomodation thread https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/gmu-2018-wales-accomodation.10927/ where you can see where to stay.

The second is the “Banter Thread”, which is basically any old rubbish vaguely associated with the GMU. https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/gmu-2018-wales-banter-thread.10920/page-14#post-158718

You can also PM me for any other info you may require.

• Like Like x 11
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ken normanton

Ken normanton New Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Warton
    Probably be away in my Motorhome in July. Sounds like a good trip.
    Enjoy your selves and ride safetly ish
    Ken

• Like Like x 2
  3. Exuptoy

Exuptoy Senior Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Maesteg, South Wales
    Sounds epic, not sure I could stop over but popping up to meet everyone would be good.

4. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    no problem with popping in for the day. Nearer the time I will publish what we will be doing day to day.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

I’ve got a pretty good idea what I’ll be doing day to day :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Would that involve alcohol?:confused::confused::confused:

• Like Like x 2
  7. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    No trying to start his bike !

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #8 Sprinter, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    Poor @dilligaf The one ffing rocker with a little life still left in him, and he spends the next year getting a rollicking from the bunch of old wimmin that the rest of us have all grown into
    .He is a noisey boy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    ..........................................Rules...........................................................................

1. All Speedmasters owners must surrender keys to matron on arrival.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Don't know why you're getting all this grief dilli. Nothing wrong imo with hanging out with your best mate Jack Daniels.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  11. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

It’s not grief mate it’s jealousy :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  12. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    trouble is he sucked the poor b$%$tard dry:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gazrob

Gazrob New Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Lancaster Lancashire
    Hi Rooster
    Sounds great, i would definitely considered it but my wife and I will be in France on those dates ( on 4 wheels unfortunately )

14. Donna Walker

Donna Walker New Member

Apr 21, 2018
    Barnsley
    We also have a vivaro van and are at a van meet that weekend. Shame.

15. france_54

france_54 Member

Apr 17, 2018
    Shropshire
    Sounds great - might try and convince the wife on this one

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    We would love to have you along. My Mrs is coming along as well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AlBrown

AlBrown New Member

May 31, 2018
    UK
    Would love to meet up but will be away in Spain on those dates. Is there a thread on here with other bike meet ups through the year?
    Im going to ride from Murcia through the Pyrenees and back 17th - 21st August if anyone is around there then.

18. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi Al, there is a section headed "out and about" under the Forums page with a rideouts thread. Sometimes members who live close to each other post on the day they are out and about under "Lounge" or "Triumph general discussion". (It's usually me and crispey going to Loomies!":cool:

19. AlBrown

AlBrown New Member

May 31, 2018
    UK
    Thanks ill have a look at that.

20. Samuel F

Samuel F Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Glasgow
    Hi guys!
    I am now very late on the subject, (it's a rocky year, I'm trying to find a job in France, hence, leaving Scotland). I really loved last year's trip, (even with the rain and the camping), it was great to meet you all. hopefully, this year will be dryer. I can't, unfortunately, plan too much as of yet, as my family is supposed to come to see me, and I have a Skye trip planned. ButI'd love to. So it will probably be last minute decision for me, I'll try to drag Dan in, (we ride together all the time, we're basically a couple at this point). Where in Wales, are we going?