Sprint GT Gps Wiring

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Mpgscott, Mar 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Hi folks,

Im sure i read somewhere that there is a wiring harness for the addition of a wiring harness can anyone give me pointers if there is such a thing on the bikes, or is it a case of fitting a relay and wire in?

Cheers
    Mark

2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Not sure about the harness but GPS uses so little juice you won't need a relay. Splice it in to a switched feed and and earth and job jobbed.

Side light feed is a good one to keep it all up by the the bars but I chickened out and went for the horn using a piggyback spade connector. Piece of cake.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Cheers will give it a go soldering iron to the ready..

4. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Found this one on the rat forum, front right fairing under the glove box or tool compartment call it what you want. Sounds like its not switched so will go for the horn feed.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Horn feed worked for me on my tiger, with piggy back connectors dead easy

6. Lee Rudd

Lee Rudd New Member

May 23, 2018
    Newark, UK
    Just removed a GPS power feed from my Sprint ST 1050; it was within the nose cone tucked under the fairing. Couldn't see how it was actually wired in just that I could locate the junction plug - unplugged and removed as I will be using the Aux Power point behind the left-hand fairing.

Have you tried to T off the aux power point. It has a 10amp inline fuse fitted?