Tiger Explorer Gps Mounts

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Scooby, May 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scooby

Scooby New Member

May 3, 2020
    Oxford
    All,
    Apologies if this question has been asked already, however, I am looking at mounting a TOMTOM Rider 550 and to fit it to my 2019 Tiger 1200. But as yet I can not find any mounts and the OEM one seem to be for previous models?
    Any advice would be gratefully received.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Scouser38

Scouser38 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Surrey
    Hi Scooby, I’ve fitted the Evotech Performance GPS mount to my 2018/9 XRT. It fits behind the screen and allows the GPS to be mounted above the display. Mines for the Garmin but they do one for TomToms too.
    https://evotech-performance.com/collections/all/make-triumph-model-tiger-type-1200-xrt-year-2018

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scooby

Scooby New Member

May 3, 2020
    Oxford
  4. Scouser38

Scouser38 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Surrey
    Yes, it moves with the screen, not experienced and problems with the satnav obscuring the dash and with it being mounted further back and closer to your line of sight it’s easier to use

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scooby

Scooby New Member

May 3, 2020
    Oxford
    Have you got it hardwired in as well? Shame they are out of stock at the moment.

6. Scouser38

Scouser38 New Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Surrey
    Yes I hard wired it, I used the Innovv PowerHub2 https://innovv.co.uk/products/powerhub/innovv-powerhub2-technical-specifications/ Since I had other accessories. This makes wiring in powered accessories a lot easier and it controls the powering up so they don’t put stress on the battery when you need it the most.

• Like Like x 1
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Evotech seem to be struggling with supply at the moment. I’ve been waiting for a tail tidy from them for over a month now, but I believe they’re now getting back to full production.

8. Scooby

Scooby New Member

May 3, 2020
    Oxford
    Yea, strange there website is saying they had one and i got an e-mail, then boom, none, but got one from there e-bay store?

9. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Ram mount ball screwed into cowl above the clocks. Then stick some foam between the cowl and the dash to reduce wobble. Not perfect and not 100% but about £7. No room for the optional Tom Tom locking mechanism. The screen mount stuff doesn't work well on this bike as the mechanism has a lot of play, they don't get good feedback.

IMG_5851.JPG

IMG_5857.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5827.JPG

IMG_5836.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ardel

Ardel New Member

Feb 6, 2020
    Eugene, Oregon
    I have the Evotech mount on my 2018 1200. I like it but it does move slightly at higher speeds.

11. Scooby

Scooby New Member

May 3, 2020
    Oxford
    I have just bought the Evo-tech mount and will be fitting this weekend, along with the ALTRIDER ROWE PDM60 POWER DISTRIBUTION MODULE, so a busy weekend ahead. Thank you for your help as well though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scooby

Scooby New Member

May 3, 2020
    Oxford
    I have just bought the Evo-tech mount and will be fitting this weekend, along with the ALTRIDER ROWE PDM60 POWER DISTRIBUTION MODULE, so a busy weekend ahead. Thank you for your help as well though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robex

Robex New Member

May 30, 2022
    N. Ireland
    I am trying to wire in a TomTom Rider 410 to a 2016 Explorer.
    I googled a lot of places and someone was recommending taking a switched live from the horn since it is easy to access.
    While I was looking in that area earlier I spotted two unused connectors. I wonder if anyone knows what they are and if one would be a suitable source of power for the TomTom?
    Both looked like the one on the left outlined in yellow. I removed the cap from the one on the right with the red outline.
    Also, what type of connectors are these if I am buying a suitable plug?

Cheers - Rob.

connectors.jpg

14. Bozo

Bozo New Member

Jun 26, 2022
    Nevada