Featured GPR Powercone Exhaust

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Screwball, Apr 21, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    And now for something completely different....

IMG_0596.jpg IMG_0598.jpg IMG_0599.jpg

Not your usual Arrow exhaust.. I like the fact it shows off the wheel...
    Basically took 20-30 minutes to fit.. was very easy, seems well made and is loads lighter.. Saves in the regions of 6Kg so that means i can have another pie..

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent

Ok fairly crap video but was rushing......
    Made on iPhone....

• Like Like x 7
  3. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Looks and sounds real sweet. clap.gif

Couple of questions, though: What is the true meaning of 1. Daaaaan (down?) 2. Evrifink (everything?) 3. Larder (louder?) help.gif

clap.gif

help.gif

• Like Like x 1
  4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    it my southern slang, That and i forgot my teeth.....
    never been able to say everything.. always comes out as everythink... Speech impediment.... But i live with it and sack anyone who takes the piss....

• Like Like x 1
  5. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Take the piss? Me? At least I'm one of the ones that can take it back. You should hear my Scottish/Yorkshire/Welsh accent - that'll be a treat when we meet up. :wink:

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    LOL .. if you cant take it don't dish it... that's what i've always been told...

• Like Like x 1
  7. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Regardless - the pipe looks & sounds good, real good! You seen those liquid formed ones?

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Hydra forming.. Yeah did see those and thought about 1 but I wanted to show the rear wheel off and 95% of the others all covered some or most of the rear wheel...

9. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Looks and sounds great :upyeah:

10. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Looks and sounds brill SB, what option did you go for?
    Personally I would leave all the baffles out... For safety lol :upyeah:

I really an not keen on the hydro form ones....:frown:

11. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    No baffles in mine.... Not too loud just right...

• Like Like x 1
  12. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Serious question (for once) how will you get on with panniers and rear footpegs. I think it looks truly awesome but I do (occasionally) take the missus on the back (of the bike)?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    The missus don't go on the back, took her to work in London a few times and filtering into London sealed the deal...:biggrin:
    I use Kriega soft luggage and it straps under the seat... Rear pegs are 4 bolts(2 each side) so very easy to refit if required for extra strap down points...
    Hopefully won't be an issue and I'm travelling in France May bank holiday so I will find out fairly soon....

• Like Like x 1
  14. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    I was thinking more of - is there room for the rear 'pegs with the can being so high?

15. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #15 Screwball, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  16. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    What Kriega gear do you use bud??

17. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
  18. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    The net over the top is not really used or required but i feel happier with it on...
    ON the bike trips i have done there are a lot of guys who use this luggage.. on a variety of bikes.

19. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #19 Screwball, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    OK Dyno figures are back for my bike.
    IMG_0001.jpg

Basically Blue graph is as it went in with the Triumph twin arrow tune on it. I mentioned to the guys I did not think it was as good as the standard map and was over fuelling. The base line graph confirmed that was the case.
    The Yellow line is the standard Triumph map. See how it gains 5bhp just changing the map.. Just goes to show the Triumph garages/ local shops do not always know what they are doing. My seat of the pants Dyno told me it was worse.... and the rolling road confirmed it.

Finally the Green graph is my finished map. Custom made for my bike. 10BHP increase over what I took in & 5 BHP over standard map.
    It does not tell me the improvement over the bog standard bike with standard exhaust but I would like to think it is at least 5BHP.

135.46BHP & 82.59 Ft/lb torque. rear wheel figures......(I think) I'm happy for now but will probably go back and get the CAT removed and see how it performs....
    Now the 2011+ on is supposedly 133BHP @ the Crank...as standard.. should have gone in with standard exhaust to get the right comparison.
    Bike now rides beautifully so in the end it was money well spent and I feel happier which is the main thing... if it was 1 BHP or 10BHP if your happy with the result that's all that matters.:cool:

IMG_0001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    SB how much did it cost for the dump etc??
    Mine pops and bangs like wano which I don't mind to much but I'm assuming that would be the over fueling....

Great post by the way and interesting results.... Who would of thought the twin arrow tune would do that... I had that and am now considering a synonym session... Time to look for one up here me thinks...

• Like Like x 1