Got Me Some New Armour

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by MoreT, Apr 20, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    #1 MoreT, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    I had some BDay money burning a hole in my pocket, and had been eyeing these up for a while.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/pando-moto-skin-uh-03-armoured-leggings-black.html

Rated AA and come with level 1 SAS-TEC. I swapped them out for Level 2

reasons for wanting them.
    1. I can wear anything over them.
    2. I have long legs so typical rider jeans/ MC trousers have the knee armour in the wrong place
    3. Always concerned that knee armour will slide to the side on loose trousers. and my bike is not right for leathers.
    4. On colder days i have been known to ride with RonHills under my jeans.
    4.a When it rains and i put on wets that can build up to 3 layers and is restrictive to movement of the legs.
    4.b This is usually on tour so i can bring fewer things.

possible cons
    1. perhaps too hot in warmer temps, though they seem well ventilated
    2. concerned they will ride down exposing my lower back in a slide. best to slide feet first. ha

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    They look great - interested to hear how you get on with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mrs Visor

Mrs Visor Elite Member

Aug 21, 2021
    UK
    I have heard good things about those leggings; be interesting to see what you make of them.

4. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    Will let you know on the hot weather front when we get some.

So far they are comfortable and unobtrusive, especially when doing shopping trips.

Hoping not to test them out on the sliding front.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    What bike do you have?

6. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    20220730_123844.jpg

7. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Home of Amazing Grace
    Nice bike. I don’t see a nice black two piece Lewis Leathers being out of keeping when riding that machine.

Last year we did a long weekend in Wales in mid August when the temps, for the UK, went off the scale. I have only ever ridden in leathers, my two youngest lads have those airtex type jackets that hold the necessary armour and Kevlar jeans and nearly persuaded me to buy the same.

In the end I stuck with my leathers because I felt comfortable in them knowing that I had the best protection possible and peace of mind.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MoreT

MoreT Senior Member

Jun 12, 2022
    Hampshire
    Though I have a well used Fox Creek leather jacket, I haven't worn leather trousers since the turn of the century. Then I had a two piece HG. The reasons for not buying more is various. Back then I was riding in desert conditions, and now I don't fancy getting out and in of a pair on tour. I still enjoy camping but don't relish doing flips and dives getting into a genuine leather pair of trousers. (to paraphrase Elwood Blues) I'm too old and I'm too fat.