Featured Got It Out For A Bit Today!

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Patchinko, Feb 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    The sun shone the wind blew and the roads dried.... a bit. A ride was necessary. Happy days.
    20200201_171700.jpg

• Like Like x 24
  2. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Some really tasteful mods there, really like this bike :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I sometimes worry about you DD, but get your thinking......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. PazzoTazzo75

PazzoTazzo75 Member

Jan 3, 2020
    Cullercoats, UK
    Hey Patchinko your bike looks awesome! I'm after a similar set up for the rear mudguard / tail tidy, would you mind sharing where you got it from please?

Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Agreed, I wouldn't mind that back end on my 2018 bike but that year is short supplied with nice bits like these.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Hi @Patchinko really like your bike, is it a carb 865?
    Saw something similar in the Isle of Man with GP written on the side panels but dont know anything about these various models.
    You appear to have some nice tasty mods. How about you give us a little description on what it is and what youve done to it?

Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Elite Member

Jan 2, 2020
    Wirral England
    Lovely looking Bonnie Pat, I was going to go for a blast myself today, but the roads around here haven't dried all day. I wouldn't have had enough time to clean it, going by it's last outing a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    #8 Patchinko, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Thanks for the kind words. The bike is an 09 865 efi. The rear mudguard I got from pj glassfibre, I think they still make this part. As for the other bits, Gassers customs pipes, slammer seat, JSL touring bars, a dinky front break reservoir, (can't remember the make), powder coated wheels and headlight bucket, trimmed front mudguard, SAI and O2 sensor removal, as well as air box baffle removal and high flow filter, TTP stage three tune on the ECU, rectifier, ignition barrel and horn relocation, different indicators, can't remember what exactly though, different Speedo mount with mini led idiot lights and a few other minor bits too.
    It's been steady changes over a few years.
    I've been considering a respray on the tank but the original blue white looks nice so I'm undecided.

Forgot to say, the rear light is from Motone, they do some really good bonnie stuff.

Also Hagon shocks and cut down, resized and painted sprocket cover. I think that's about all.

• Like Like x 6
  9. DaveD

DaveD Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Northwest
    Lovely looking bike Pat, i got out for a short blast myself on Saturday.
    Roads were dry enough (Ish) and the rain held off while i was out, only minor drizzle. But!! I totally enjoyed myself, blew the winter cobwebs out of my brain and set me up for some February ridng. I hope everyone else gets a chance to get out soon....

• Like Like x 2
  10. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Hi,

That's a nice Bonnie. Mine is similar but I like the blacked out wheels. How do you find the Hagon shocks. I've got YSS shocks but never been entirely happy with them, though they are better than stock.

Cheers

WP_20190626_16_55_39_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Patchinko

Patchinko Senior Member

Feb 1, 2018
    S.W. Hants
    Looks sweet Tony. I like the Hagons, they are good shocks.

12. Eddie17

Eddie17 Member

Oct 10, 2019
    Glasgow
    I've been considering a respray on the tank but the original blue white looks nice so I'm undecided.

The original blue white looks fantastic !!!!!

• Like Like x 1