Gordon Bennets!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by H.O., Jul 5, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    So, after getting the wrong bike 3 times on the policy, then un-known to me cancelling with-out taking payment, then sending me a snotty letter 3 months on, (not sure if I was covered in that time!) and finding they are now owned by SAGA i decided to drop them on renewal like a hot brick telling them TWICE not to auto renew, so what did I get on the door mat yesterday? Yep, bloody Bennets Auto-renewal!!
    This firm is incompetent and inept, I would not trust them to run a welk stall on Leigh sea front let alone a claim!!
    So, on the phone wasting my time yet again to get it stopped, the assure me they wont be taking any money, the excreta will hit the air conditioning if they do!!!
    This auto-renewal is a fucking liberty, I had 1 company tell me it was LAW, which, when I looked into it its not.
    Don't let 'em fool you!
    Gone with Hastings Direct this year now, I will change next year if I feel the need, I have no loyalty to any company, its whats best for me, not them!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    It is always worth checking your bank details and cancelling any unwanted direct debits, helps ensure they dont take your money.
    I can only sing praise for Carol Nash insurers

3. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Yep Carol Nash for me also,:cool: well till next year ;);)

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #4 Sprinter, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    I got a renewal once, 150 more and so I went on line started looking with 5 days to go as everyone else's prices where rising, the same broker, company ,and, underwriter, pop up with a quote for the same amount as last year!
    These guys have no loyalty to you, whether it a fair settlement, or a decent quote. Their only concerns are their peers.

H.O. is spot on, these guys are not concerned about your respect, so how can they earn it.
    Our loyalty then, has to be for those who are not in dereliction of their own prop ported standards

5. Tim L

Tim L Active Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Norn Iron
    They were absolutely brilliant with me on a claim for my Bandit. I ended up getting more in my hand for it than I thought it was insured for, despite a £400 excess. But then they spoilt it with not allowing multibike when my renewal was an hour late - no longer a renewal and the company didn't take on new multibike policies!

6. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Just renewed my car, went on compare the foooking rodent.crap and found 2nd best quote. Ticked the correct boxes and paid on line, the company called me and said 'you've a second car?' No van! I said, But on here it says car....
    But on my computer I ticked own another car/van box not solely a car. "Oh the company won't like that" And so on it went. Two days later I was supposed to have a return call which didn't happen because they already had my cash so I phoned them and they got me a second quote 300%price increase, "err no I won't bother, just give me my cash back?" They then said we will have to charge you costs for cancelling! Really? No worries I'll get 'which' magazine to call you as I'm a member and they'll want a new story for members to read.......
    Strangely I got the full amount!! Now with Hastings direct.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    A regards Bennetts atm I am as happy as larry. I thought they were going to be a nightmare as they didn't obtain my NCD discount history from Devitts even after I had given them permission to, which only came to light 3 weeks after the policy started when I wanted a quote to upgrade it to my New Speed Triple, anyway today I did get that call to say all was in order, so I rang them later this afternoon for a new quote. What a surprise it cost only a extra £41.05 and no admin charges and have arranged it for the exact time as my handover a week tomorrow. .... All this as opposed to the post office..(Devitts) who charged me nearly £200 on top of my original quote ( of around £110) when I changed my Harley for a new Street Triple. I should of cancelled that policy and got a new one but never really thought of that at the time and I needed the insurance quickly without hassle.

8. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Sorted for this year we will have to see what next year brings

9. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Prior to this I had good service a few years back with Hastings, and in 2012-2015 with Swintons, who I found out send out renewals a little high but if you phone them and tell them they will show you some discount. Frustrating yes if they can do that why not do it straight away but sometimes it's better the devil you know. I left them after getting a £30 cost saving with the post office but I wished I'd stayed with them now as there would of been no aggro with NCD history etc.

10. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    I did get my insurance and NCD sorted with Bennetts and altered the insurance from my Street Triple to my Speed Triple starting at 10am on the 1st September. The cost came to just over £40 including the admin fee so I was well pleased, no rip off charges. I used the reg no. That was given to me by Staffordshire Triumph sales team, picked up the bike and road away....sweet, had a great day. I arranged for a service for this coming week,the next morning I thought I would have a scott oiler fitted while it was there plus one or two other items, so I gave them a ring so that it could be arranged when they carried out the service. I phoned Paddy in service who asked for the reg number, then asked me to check it and then told me that sales had got it wrong!!! The long and short of all this is that I had to get my insurance altered to the new reg number and so phoned Bennetts who sorted it there and then and didn't' charge me a penny so I have to say that so far I am more than happy and they get a thumbs up from me. Staffordshire Triumph sorted the new number plate within the hour and filled my empty tank, and offered to pay the costs, but for the hiccup they are a great Triumph dealership, with lots of coffee and cakes. Anyone else been given the wrong reg number ??

11. TK3059

TK3059 Member

Feb 17, 2017
    Worcester UK
    Bennetts can go and jump (thats the polite version of what I said out loud...) when it comes to my renewal... I had a shittogram from the DVLA saying that my bike wasn't on the insurance database thingy that they check.. I checked, lo and behold, not on there... I ring Bennetts, confirm details and they haven't got my private plate on my bike, just my old original plate... grrr... told them that I rang up to change it ages ago and have a confirmatory email. They then go away, check their phone records and deny all knowledge.. Long story short, I had to pay a 50quid admin fee to get it sorted out.. wasters.. I also can't wait for the auto-renewal to pop up so I can tell them to go ram it...

12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Not just Bennets mate, they are all the same.:mad: I believe because of the relatively low prices of insurance, they just put the price up on changes. How they make their money. MCE are just the same when I had to change address, or change your bike mid policy. It keeps the price down on renewal (if you don't let them do it automatically).

There business is to make money, not to keep YOU happy !!!:(

• Like Like x 2
  13. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Relatively low prices???? jeez you should try living within the M25

14. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You guys all get paid a fortune, oop north we get old bits of gum and washers, so you can afford it.:D

When I get paid, my face swells up and I start to choke, that's what happens when you get paid peanuts !!!!:confused::(:D

-plus I think there has been 2 bikes stolen in D&G in the last 6 years, that I know of !!!!:) And I know most of the bikers in D&G:D, through running a bike night and Admin on FB group up here. Good honest people up here, mostly.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Brill!! The first bit is very true! ;):D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Stay well away from Bennetts read my post on "This can not be True" to find out why

17. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    If you're with Bennetts on auto renewal, you can cancel the auto renewal bit at any time.

18. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    They did it for me hen I renewed. Second year with them. Reasonable quote this year which surprised me.

19. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Surprises me too. I had two policies with them and I didn't renew either. Went with Bikesure for one and Swinton for the other. That was after Bikesure's quote for adding a second bike turned out more expensive than having two separate policies. I think one of the main problems with insurance companies these days is that when you ring up you are dealing with buffoons. Probably uneducated kids in their first week who know nothing about the job. Who better for them to learn on than thick bikers anyway ?

• Like Like x 1
  20. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    It's not just Bennetts that are bad for hiking prices when it comes to renewal.
    I find I rarely take any policy out for more than a year.
    Normally change from one to the other every year.