Featured Gopro Footage

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by topbanana0, Oct 31, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. topbanana0

topbanana0 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    #1 topbanana0, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Hi been playing around with a GoPro, wanted to try and pick up the lovely sound of the arrows.
    Unfortunately I got more noise from engine/gearbox, but it was a nice autum spin to Cray reservoir/Sennybridge.
    Take a look , like/subscribe and all that

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England

Enjoyed my time with the Speed Triple​

• Like Like x 6
  3. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    Got to have a vist to the Owls nest cafe when near there
    Your cam appears to be mounted above the rear light, think I'll try mine there. To try and pick up the exhaust pop, it's really noisy on the bike, but couldn't hear it on the camera

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Take the baffles out and blip the throttle on downshifts, you’ll hear the exhaust better then, and give the chain and gearbox an easier time into the bargain.
    I too was a bit disappointed with my GoPro footage as it also seemed to pickup the engine whine more than the cans, and I have modified my baffles to give a bit more sound.

5. topbanana0

Mar 27, 2016
    South Wales
    The baffles are out, it makes a lovely sound when riding. But not picked up on camera unfortunately

6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    #6 crispey, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    always seems to be a problem picking up specific sounds as the mike is fairly omni directional and will pick up the loudest noise, our ears/brain can filter noise to a certain extent. I went out on my thruxton, with a sony minicam, and the same thing happened. loads of wind noise so I went out again with the camera stuffed down the back of my trousers and dubbed the quiter sound onto the noisy footage. Or get an external mike compatible for the gopro with a longish cable and put it under the seat
    the results of pantcam are here
    https://www.thetriumphforum.com/gallery/videos/a-ride-in-the-surrey-countryside.367/

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have the gopro hero session and there is no external mike port so that screws what I just said, for me anyway, the only other way of getting round it is to cover the mike with some foam, but you'd need something tiny and it probably wouldn't be effective. Or get a seperate sound recorder and put that somewhere quiet. you'd have to audio sync it with the camera and then use post production but hey! if its worth doing .........

8. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Not a GoPro but ideas might be of interest...
    I bought a Drift Ghost-S several years ago when I had the Multistrada and recorded quite a bit when on Euro tours (Alps, Grossglockner etc.)
    I've since tried fitting it to the SpeedIII, used a Ram mount ball and clamp bolted onto the lower triple clamp so that camera is on centre just below headlights. Looks neat but wind noise was too much so I tried a remote mic mounted in the space behind the rear light, which picks up the exhaust and the burbles on overrun nicely. Unfortunately it seems to also pick up and magnify the clonk on each gear change (box is really slick and can't hear it in real life).
    Got a bit bored with it and haven't really used it this year, may be I'll have another play next spring.
    Not sure whether I'd recommend the Drift, at the time it had good reviews and the ease of mounting/waterproof/remote control all attracted, but I'm not convinced about picture quality, files are huge and battery drains (in about 3hrs) all the time it's switched on whether recording or not. Fitted a usb supply to get over the battery drain problem but then it senses when you start the engine and jumps mode, so have to remember to start up before switching camera on.
    All gets to be a bit of a faff compared to my original intentions of keeping it simple - hence my lack of enthusiasm this year.

2016-05-06_10-43-54.JPG

2016-05-06_10-43-11.JPG

2016-05-06_10-42-41.JPG

2016-05-06_10-27-14.JPG

2016-05-06_10-56-30.JPG

2016-05-06_10-55-40.JPG

• Informative Informative x 1