Good morning everyone. Bike lift query.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by PompeyMark, Oct 1, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Hi all, at the the moment I am using a Dunstall rear paddock stand and to be honest although it is okay to use it is a pain in the arse to keep having to scrabble around on the garage floor trying to locate the lugs into the bike frame every time I want to use it. So can anyone recommend a decent bike lift, for the bonnie T100, price not an issue just need something a bit more easier to use, getting on a bit now lol. Many thanks Mark.

2. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    Hi Mark
    I reckon this was the BEST investment I ever made for my bikes:
    [​IMG]

£300 off eBay but it has repaid itself many times over: the ability to work on the bike at height, to have your tools on it, to know the bike is secure, to be able to use an engineers seat around it and look under and up at the engine/frame/underside...

[​IMG]

HTH.

R

3. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Worth the weight in gold as I have one too and won't ever be without. Mines air assisted too

4. Modalconfusion

Modalconfusion Active Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    I have one from TC Autos a really good quality bench lift I have had one before but this one is a much better quality £420 delivered but a first class next day service they come in different widths as well

5. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Any chance of a name for this lift and possible supplier? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If your short if space this is what I use for my Thrux, can't fault it for what it is, shop around you'll get it cheaper.
    IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    Sorry it was C J Autos (Heywood) Ltd 01706 367649 really nice folk and have different styles

8. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Many thanks to you all, as I am a bit limited inside the old garage I am going to go for the old scissor type like the one in crispeys post. Machine mart do a good Clarkes model for about £100 so I will be on the case next week, cheers everyone.:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
  10. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    I only want to lift the bike half ton,,,lol,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    CJ Autos have a whole host of lifts available but the bench type are very handy as you can put your tools on them while working on the bike

12. ralphy

ralphy Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Middle East/Devon
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Modalconfusion

Jul 28, 2016
    Stafford
    The wheel chock on mine is really substantial with thick rubber on the adjustable jaws.

14. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Thanks again to everyone and your responses , I knew you wouldn`t disappoint, I love this forum, the only trouble is as far as I can see is, I don`t have a centre stand,well I do :( but I haven`t fitted it, I have tried honest, it was a pattern part from flea bay and as always seems the case it looked pretty easy to fit, and there I will leave it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. So only having a side stand the bench option looks a non starter because all the pics of bikes on benches show bikes on a centre stand. Plus having the T100 and it`s lovely chrome spoke wheels I would really really like to be able to stop sitting my arse on a cold garage floor cross legged cleaning them, some comfort would be appreciated. Having looked at the pics of the scissor type jacks they appear to be the answer to my prayers. Sorry for the war and peace response but I feel it needed saying loike.:):):):):)

15. Taff Salmon

Taff Salmon Active Member

Aug 22, 2016
    no
    Take a look at the Abba Sky Lift and the big blue on on-bike.com
    These look good to me because they lift the bike without wheels if required and are less bulky when not in use.
    Taff

• Like Like x 1
  16. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    • Like Like x 1
  17. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    That`s just it biglad I don`t want to do yoga anymore,lol, I do think that the scissor type is going to be the one for me ;)

18. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Thanks Taff, these do look the dogs and small enough to put in a corner of my garage :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Morning half ton, it is a good website Taff has given some pretty Gucci stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Mine folds up flat, 4" wide, and leans up against the walk in front of my bike in an &x6 shed