Good Internet/phone?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by H.O., Aug 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    After dumping Sky broadband/phone I thought I'd go for Plusnet, well, they phuqued it up before its even started by getting the present number wrong and trying to issue a new one, which aint going to happened.
    Any one reccomend a decent company please?
    NOT Sky, BT or Plusnet!!!
    Found 1 called ORIGIN, cheap but the Trust Pilot reviews are awfull!
    Thank you.

2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    To be honest H.O. I've been with Plusnet, broadband and phone for about 4 years.
    Every renewal time I put my toe in the water to see what others have to offer and Plusnet have always to date equalled or bettered the competition.
    Had no real problems and when I have had to ring them up I've always spoken to someone from the UK not someone from Asia who I can't understand :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    They're all the same mate:mad: like banks and insurance companies robbing useless w@nkers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    The underlying problem is that BT have a near monopoly of the comms infrastructure so Sky, Plusnet & co all buy into the same plumbing even if they provide the water.... Hobson's choice. It comes down to price and package preferred not service quality.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    dont go talk talk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    I was with talk talk - trying to leave them was a task and a half. Steer clear

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Looks like I'll have to stay with Sky because I get 29 mbps as they have a fibre port in the box along side BT and no other company does so they can only offer 4-10 until our cabinet gets up-graded from ADSL.
    Thanks anyway.

8. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Getting the Mombai treatment on Sky just now too, apparently it goes over to them when they are busy here!
    My Mrs wont speak to them, puts the phone down and keeps going until she gets some one she can understand!

9. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Send your wife for Punjabi lessons;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    ...........................forget the lesson's, just send her to Punjab!:eek::)

• Funny Funny x 1