Good Day From Kingston, On, Canada

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by tumblingdice54, Dec 8, 2023.

1. tumblingdice54

tumblingdice54 New Member

Dec 8, 2023
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    Just a note to say hi to the forum members. I put a deposit down on a 2024 Speed 400 in Caspian Blue today from Ottawa's Goodtime Centre that will be delivered to me in early April (as soon as the Canadian winter disappears) This will be my very first Triumph in 51 years of riding. I've had Hondas, Kawis, Yamahas, Suzukis, Royal Enfield and HD but never a Triumph. I'm nearly 70 years of age and this is my birthday present to myself. I'm hoping for another 10 years at least of safe, good riding around the byways of eastern Ontario and northern NY State. If anyone else is from this area and would like to plan some day trips next year, please give me a shout! Cheers, Ron

• Like Like x 2
  2. Boothman

Boothman Senior Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Wigan
    Hi and welcome to the forum :cool:

3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome…..

4. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 First Class Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
  5. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  6. PhannieNL

PhannieNL Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2023
    Netherlands
  7. Bikerman

Bikerman I used to have 5500 posts.
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Greetings Ron, from Lincolnshire.

8. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum! ;)

9. Rob the Scott

Rob the Scott Active Member

Dec 14, 2022
    New Jersey
    I'm a bit south in Northwest NJ. One of my favorite places to ride is among the ski areas around Burlington, VT. It's like riding through the Alps (only a fair bit lower elevation)! Stowe to Smuggler's Notch, through the "notch" (boulder-bordered narrow road about a lane-and-a-half wide) is most memorable. Mad River Glen, Killington and many small towns in the area are wonderful to visit, along with the interesting roads among them! No plans to visit again yet, but negotiations with my long-suffering bride (and pillion) continue! Where should I consider riding in Eastern Ontario? We brought a travel trailer to the Canadian Maritimes a few years ago, and are keen to go back with the bike. But if you have interesting suggestions closer to NJ, I'm all ears! PS. My 62nd birthday is a couple of weeks away, but only starting riding at 56. Love to hear your stories sometime!

• Like Like x 1
  10. tumblingdice54

tumblingdice54 New Member

Dec 8, 2023
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    I have not been in NJ since I went to 3 sessions of California Superbike School at New Jersey Motorsport Park in 2014-15. Awesome track on a Gixxer 1000. Vermont and New Hampshire are gorgeous for biking too. I've been to Laconia twice on a bike and the drives there and back were the highlight of the trips. Eastern Ont is flat - it's basically a flood plain for the St Lawrence River. But there is lots of farm lands so north of the interstate equivalent 401 it's wooded and green with more lakes than you can count. Further north a little ways along the Ottawa River and into Quebec it's very picturesque. You can actually drive on pavement all the way to James Bay in Quebec. The Maritime provinces are fantastic on bike. Did that a few years ago on a HD. The Cabot Trail is stunning but all of Nova Scotia and New Brunswick provinces are fun on a bike. Keep in touch...

11. Visor79

Visor79 New Member

Feb 1, 2024
    England
    Hi Ron. Like you, I'm 70 and also have bought one as a present to myself. I'm in UK and waiting till March before I receive my bike. I've never owned a Triumph, but have owned BSA, Greeves, Montesa, Honda, Yamaha and an MZ. Last bike was a Honda CBR250R.

12. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Welcome buddy :)

13. Tim Gibbs

Tim Gibbs Active Member

Oct 27, 2023
    Dorset
    Welcome to the forum, a photo when you receive the bike would be good

14. Dennis Mcleroy

Dennis Mcleroy Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jan 8, 2024
    Visalia, Ca
    Welcome Ron, I just got back to riding and good to hear nobody slowing down.

15. TaffD

TaffD Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Hereford
    Hi Ron welcome