Thruxton Gone Wrong Again

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Stevie d, Apr 26, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stevie d

Stevie d New Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Bury st edmunds
    Alas the Thruxton R stopped again last weekend 3 ride out 2 breakdowns this time it was the alarm that caused the bike to shut down triumph sending new one out told the dealers leave it in the box and blank the old one of , watch this space for next instalment of Sunday ride out

2. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    By alarm do you mean the immobilizer? If so, last year my bike would not start showing the the alarm/immobilizer was not going off with the key. The ecu was not communicating with the key. Dealer said that they hadn’t seen this issue before. New ignition had to be sent from Triumph. New ignition and new mated keys were installed and all is good. Part of the swap was a new seat lock for the new key.

3. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hate alarms refuse to have them fitted after being left stranded once too often!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Retired Phil

Retired Phil Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2017
    San Rafael
    Yes, I mostly agree they are a PITA. But, here in the states an immoblizer is mandatory for all vehicles.

5. Stevie d

Stevie d New Member

Nov 11, 2017
    Bury st edmunds
    Hi Phil yip alarm immobiliser ,first shut down ecu had to be reset although I think it might have been alarm etc only when they were looking at it did the alarm register problem