Going To Be Busy For A While.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Nov 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Sitting in the living room two days ago and my door bell starting ringing and someone battering the door. I furiously swung the door open. Never got to say a word. Chap there said your garage is on fire. Ran out there and boy it was in flames. God thanks the bikes were safe but my door and lots of bits were burnt. I believe it was my trip switch that ark out. So I am going to be busy for a while sorting things out. Will get to say hello as much as I can.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Blimey Joe. Glad you're safe mate.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dozers Dad
    I had it wired into one of these boxes that should trip. But I got to hold my hand up to the cause. I wired it up my self and in spite of my boy saying Dad that's rubbish it to tight I think he said. I told him it would do. Well he was right and it didn't so other than all the bike stinking I got away lightly and this time I will ask him to do the wiring for me. I'm an idiot and thanks to the chap I'm a lucky bloke.
    Ride Free
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    People can only blame myself. Now every time I go out there I come back in and have a shower. But thanks I have started repainting and cleaning up. But I am so happy no harm came to my bikes.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    All's well that ends well Joe,

best of luck getting sorted out quickly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Andy.
    Yes I can only agree with you. I am a prize Idiot. You don't have to agree.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Wow Joe your very lucky marra, thanks to your good samaritan you seem to have escaped very lightly. good luck with your clean up and enlisting your son as a new electrician. we live and learn Joe, :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Tez 217
    Yes I agree and I hope I see him again to thank him and offer him a drink. And Andyc1 no I am calling my self one. My Boy is a mechanical electrical engineer I should listen more. I really do feel stupid.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

That's bad news mate,best of luck with the repairs Joe.

656835.gif

• Like Like x 2
  10. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    David.
    Thanks yes I will get there. And you know the one thing I feel really gutted about is a picture my little Granddaughter painted for me got burnt.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Oldyam
    Thanks yes I will clean up and start again.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Ffs sake Joe glad you're all ok :) I'm sure she'd love to do you a new picture to cheer you up

• Like Like x 1
  13. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Ron.
    I don't do YouTube. Other than for info on fitting something for my bike I thing its useless. Don't do Facebook either. This is the only Forum I seem to keep coming back to. Probably because you find that the people here are genuine and yes Family.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 2
  14. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rocker.

Yes. I just love little things like that. She is Five and you just know it comes from her little heart.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dave C

Dave C Elite Member

Dec 22, 2017
    North Dorset
    Don't be too hard on yourself Joe, we all make mistakes mate, nobody hurt and your bikes are ok, that's the main thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I've got a picture on the back of my garage door drawn by my daughter when 3 she's 19 now puts a smile on my face every time I go in:)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    Joe - easy enough for me to say, I know, but don't beat yourself up over this, regardless of whether or not it's down to a mistake you've made. Nobody died or was seriously harmed in the making of this story and it has a (relatively) happy ending. You learned something ....... quite likely WE all learned something also.

Take the positive, be thankful to whichever divine (and human) intervention had that passer by alert you, and that neither bikes or riders/passengers were harmed.

Best of luck with any clean up and remediation required.

Regards,

Adie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Dave C
    Thanks yes I will get there. Everyone will have to wear masks for a while. Now I can get rid of the door and fit something more secure as it is a weak link to my Babies. But I really should listen to people who try to give me good advice.
    Regards
    Joe

• Like Like x 1
  19. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Rocker.
    That's fantastic. You are obviously like me. I treasure all those little things.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    BikerMan.
    Yes barring the stink of smoke on my clothing I should get it sorted soon. And yes of course you are right it could have been much worse and hopefully a lesson learnt.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  21. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    As many have already said in not so many words, 'things' can be replaced. Human lives cannot. Am so glad no-one was hurt. Pride is vastly overrated anyway!! Good luck with the clean up.

• Like Like x 3
  22. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Ahhh it seems the smoke is clearing a lot now Joe since you said that, Its getting that clear now I can without a doubt say you actually did a good job on that wiring didn't you ;), In doing so got to the conclusion you always wanted :cool::cool::cool:,
    Me thinks you spotted said good samaritan walking up towards your house just before you flipped your switch.:bomb::bomb:
    GOOD JOB JOE :D:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1