Featured God Bless Dpd

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Lessaint, Apr 16, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Sherwood Forest North Notts
    Got a delivery today, so hopefully i will fit the Motone X-Pipe this Saturday, started the prep work already, just need another set of hands.

X-Pipe 1.jpg

X-Pipe 2.jpg

X-Pipe 3.jpg

X-Pipe 4.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Looks good, I have heard that the Motone X pipe is the best off the bunch due to its construction

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Don, I'm no dispersion expert but i would hazard a guess that the efflux velocity at termination is greater than the standard set up with the x-pipe fitted, therefore creating an.improvement in the scavenging of the cylinder in the exhaust stroke :neutral:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Aye they reckon that the exhaust gasses have a clean flow without obstruction through the pipe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. John Sparks

John Sparks New Member

Oct 5, 2018
    Brisbane
    And a very good taste in spanners. Well done sir!

6. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    John,
    the majority of my home tool kit is Stahlwille, other than a smattering of Snap On T handle Torx & Allen keys and some Gedore . At work it is 100% Stahlwille in my humble opinion the best tools available without going daft with your money

IMG-7900.jpg

IMG-7901.jpg

IMG-7902.jpg

IMG-7903.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Is that why most of your home tool kit is Stahlwille? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DaveD

DaveD Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Northwest
    Lessaint you won't be dissapointed. I fitted mine* last year and had it winter stored, but tookit it out for some essential riding yesterday and.... forgot about the beautifiul rumble the x pipe gives the bike, especially if you short shift.
    *Full disclosure, i got my mate/mechanic to do it.

Enjoy and hopefully you will let us know what you think.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I have removed the CAT, and fitted the X Pipe, simple job but i would advise anyone thinking of doing the conversion to watch several of the video on youtube, very informative, don't be afraid to attempt work like this, i would advise the taking of photos prior to carrying out any works that can used for reference on the rebuild, and if you are removing bolts studs or fixing holding components to the frame put them in order on a piece of guard, or if you can loose fit them back into the frame finger tight.

• Like Like x 4
  10. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Do I detect a bit of popping on the overrun? Mine was very noticeable straight after fitment (Motone, same as yours). Initially I was a little concerned but after discussing with others who know more than me, I now know it does no harm. That was 2 years ago. Love the sound now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Beerkat, i love the popping, so it is a bonus for me, it is a bit dreich here today, but tomorrow better, so i will use her to go out for essential items of shopping and let you know

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Beerkat, i have had her out this morning,(Essential supplies run only), covered about 60 miles, i tried all 3 modes she feels slightly more responsive on the uptake and throttle response and the popping and crackling sounds amazing since the installation of the X-Pipe, also the new Ohlin's suspension settings are bob on for the type of bike she is, a bit softer than a superbike set up but she still tucks into the corners and holds the line (The roads are perfect today). all in all I am well chuffed

NR.jpg

NR2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Glad you like it. The X-pipe has made a noticeable difference, as you say, the engine response is sharper and there seems to be an improvement in acceleration. No idea if there are any more bhp’s but it’s definitely a worthwhile mod.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Randy Wells

Randy Wells New Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Denver CO
    I have a Tec D-cat love it super easy uses all the attachments not just 2 The sound is so boss with my gasser customs slip ons!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Malcolm Woods

Malcolm Woods Noble Member

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    The bike looks beautiful, it is my intention to change my pipes soon, bit worried about any re mapping ecu, that terrifies me. Must say I do really like your bike lift, I would love to have one of those, must make life so much easier than laying on the floor.

16. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Malc, i know the Speed Twins ECU is intelligent, and will retune itself, i would look further into that including the 12minute tune, that is if yours is a speed twin

17. Malcolm Woods

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    No I have T100 Bonneville 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    I understand all ECU are self adjusting after 2018, so you can swap without remap :cool:

19. Malcolm Woods

Sep 16, 2019
    norfolk
    Sorry skip of my finger, my Bonneville is 2011,

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lessaint

Lessaint Noble Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Beerkat I have done a few miles now, and i have noticed that when i ride with the baffles in on my Weslake shorties, the popping all but disappears