Featured Gmu 2021, Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Sandi T, Jul 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, steve! Those temperatures sounds quite lovely, especially as I woke this morning to the weather report saying we're going to hit 112ºF this weekend. :scream: We will definitely pack rain gear and be prepared to ride in some rain.

I think I'm going to look up the routes that Edelweiss tours does just to get a sense of where a company like that would plan a tour. Seems like they'd try to choose routes good for riding and sightseeing. Then I can check in with the forum members to get folks' thoughts. I appreciate the helpful information!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, @Wessa! :kissing_heart: We're really looking forward to meeting you and other forum members in person! :) I'll check out the superbikerental link that you sent and start doing some checking around. It seems that GMU is in different places each year so I was wondering how far ahead of the event is the location typically selected? That may not be as much of a concern as I think, though, because I tend to forget that places are not as far apart there as here in the U.S. West.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #23 Sandi T, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    Thanks, SleepyOwl! :) I'll check in with Mr. Sandi to see what he might be interested in doing and seeing related to Cornwall. He loves history and research and--more recently--learning about his ancestry. I'm sure he would appreciate your assistance as next summer (and GMU) approaches. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Those sound like just the kind of roads that we most enjoy, Smilinjack! :grinning: Well, maybe not the traffic part but I'll take that over the interstate "slab". :) Plus having never been to the UK I'm sure well be making lots of stops along the way to sight see.

5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    We are planned to be in Wales this year, so I would think we will be in Northumberland next year, but as far as I'm aware no decision made yet.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Only just seen this thread Sandi, will be great if your plans turn into reality :cool:, you might actually meet some of us :eek:, we are far worse than you can possibly imagine in the flesh! :scream:

Another thing to consider is that we drive on the left (read correct ;)) side of the road, bikes are ambidextrous unlike cars so personally I have never had an issue when riding on the right (read wrong :p) side of the road when venturing into Europe. :D

• Like Like x 5
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hmmm, maybe.....raining? :p

This is what it's doing here now. :sun: And check out the high temps for the remainder of this week. :scream:

BTW, I love the animated emojis you put in your posts, @Bikerman! :)

Show weather in my current location.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Billy! We are definitely hoping that our plans turn into reality next summer. Of course, 2020 so far has shown what can happen to plans. :mad: That said, it's great to have hope and it's equally great to anticipate adventure.

Thanks for the warning about you lot being worse in the flesh than I can imagine.:joy: But I suspect that won't be the case, whether it's because you guys really aren't all that bad...or because of how bad I already think you are. ;) It definitely will be nice to put faces with forum names and forum names with given names. And to hear how people's actual voices sound after reading their words online. :)

Yes, then there's driving on the left side (usually referred to as "the wrong side" in the U.S. ) of the road. Another consideration that hadn't yet quite entered my thought process. So many things to think about and plan for! At least we've a common language. Sort of. :cool:

image.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    :joy::joy::joy:
    Common language ? :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, I wasn't trying to! I just figured you'd feel better knowing that we here in Arizona can fry an egg on the sidewalk--or on a motorcycle tank--right now. :blush::cool::sun:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    You're right, Billy. What was I thinking?! :joy::joy::joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #32 Sandi T, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Cleanup is easier if you use the sidewalk. But I'll only fry eggs on Mr. Sandi's gas tank, not on one of my bikes. ;) Especially if bacon is involved.......

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014

14. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    I will sort this computer thing eventually!!
    A couple of years ago a friend from Australia came over for a couple of months and his solution to a bike was to buy one from a UK dealer, which I registered in my name and collected fitted luggage and rode around to check it out. When he arrived it was insured in my name with him as a named rider. Before he returned to Aus. he sold the bike back to the original dealer, might be worth looking at a similar solution to your trip transport depending on how long you are staying and cost versus rental and their insurance / damage claims etc.
    Even better if someone on here has a bike they would be willing to " sell " to you for a short time and "buy " back ?
    Any offers?

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Sennen is a lovely little place. Good pub, excellent chippy and plenty of surfing. Know it well. The walk to Lands End along the coast path is worth doing on a sunny day.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Exactly! :D