Glove In A Glove

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Notso, Jun 28, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Anyone wear two gloves in winter?

I need (ok, want!) a new pair of gloves to replace my 15year old pair. I don't plan to ride much in the winter, but will do occasionally. Gloves are expensive so I wonder about buying a nice pair of mid weight leather gloves with touch screen and visor wipe to use most of the time. Then buying a pair of thinsulate or similar to wear under when a cold long ride planned. So the leather gloves would need to be slightly oversized to fit the thinsulate underneath.

Am I being daft? Maybe just get a cheap pair of winter gloves for occasional use?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I wear silk ski gloves under my leather gloves in winter

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    I also wear an thin inner, easy to manipulate, and use screens, get into pockets etc. Easier in the summer also when your hot and sweaty trying to fit leather gloves

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I wear two gloves both in the winter and summer time. One on each hand... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

To answer the question: I did wear two pairs of gloves (in winter) but ended up (eventually) getting a warm winter pair and a lighter (but still armoured) summer pair. Both from Infinity.

I found the types of outer and inner glove combo I used restricted movement. The thermal ski glove might be good though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Silk inners is definitely the way forward, amazing the difference they make ;);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BATEBY45

BATEBY45 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Hi, as I ride almost every day, year round I have a lightweight single skin summer pair (Halvarsons) a pair of Gerbing heated ones for the cold days, (10 amp fused direct to the battery with a pull apart connector for when I forget to disconnect ! ) and a mid weight pair of gauntlet type for when the chill wind blows up my sleeves.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    I like to wear a silk glove sometimes........................

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    AC1A841A-7AB9-467C-AAFF-829696988EE0.jpeg 675CED1E-89CF-4D35-BEE7-0C025E72F74F.jpeg
    I have a pair of Frank Thomas “Aqua” waterproof gloves that I have never, and will never wear. They are yours for the price of the postage if you want them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve got a pair of Held dual gloves. They’ve got two compartments, one is fleece lined for warmth and the other is a goretex lining which is thinner. They’re waterproof and really warm in the fleecy bit.
    The drawback is that they’re bloody expensive, but I got them as a present :grinning:
    RIDE recommended too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I have a pair of short Halvarssons gloves and I bought a pair of their liner gloves at the same time, so that the gloves were comfy whilst I had the liners on.

Originally bought for KTM winter / summer, but they have become my default glove now. Early season inners and gloves, once the sun is out, liners go under the seat, just in case (I am in Scotland:p)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Yeah, the saying is good cop / bad cop, I'm just letting you know - there is no good cop when it comes to this forum !!! :confused:

:p:laughing::joy::sob:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    That's very good of you, will send a direct message.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Notso
    I have tried all the versions of gloves. Spent a fortune. Found the ski gloves to cumbersome on the controls. Now on my hornet I have installed a pair of hand shields. They stop the wind and cold blowing on the gloves and I think they are perfect. Hands still get a little cold but my fingers don't want to snap off as I remove the gloves.
    Ride Safe.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2