Glasgow Triumph/Ducati/Harley this sunday..then a run

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dougie D, Mar 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #1 Dougie D, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    I'll be heading through to Glasgow to visit the new showrooms,should be there 9.30-10am. then after will have a run up to the green welly and take it from there, if anyone else fancies a run we could meet up at the bike dealers or wherever is suitable for you. Weathers looking pretty good;)

2. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Pity I'm having to wait for my new tyres to be fitted.
    Need to go to J&S as well as I need new boots.
    Will be free next weekend for a run

• Like Like x 1
  3. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Or I should say any day after Tuesday :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I’ll be meeting Lou about 9.30 ish at the new Triumph showroom, anybody else that fancies meeting up there and going a run after will be more than welcome:)

I’m thinking we could head ¾ way up Loch Lomond turning of at Tarbert and go over the “rest and be thankful” then on towards Inverary where we could turn off onto the A819 (rather than going round to Lochgilphead and Oban) the A819 is a great road often missed by tourists and bikers:D. it takes you to the A85 near Dalmally where we could head over towards the Green Welly and make our way home from there.... or we could go the long way round if thats what folk would prefer;)

5. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    You are just doing this to annoy me now :D Will just have to head up there on Tuesday :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i'll try and remember and take some pics!;) Do you work shifts Gary? i'm always up for runs on a wednesday or a friday..weather permitting:rolleyes:,,not too keen on Sundays, but if the suns out i can be tempted:D

7. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    Semi retired Dougie. So pretty much available anytime :D

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i now work 4 days a week so i guess you could say I'm semi-semi retired:confused:;),maybe we could have a cruiser only run sometime,(Wednesdays,Fridays or Sundays ) maybe meeting up for example at the bottom of Loch Lomond or Crianlarich?..with our weather there's no point in organizing in advance though:rolleyes: If the weather looks good, a day or 2 notice is fine for me:)

9. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

@Gary McKelvie - Give you a shout sometime over Easter?
    I'm off for next 2 weeks (school holidays), and not going away, cos waiting on delivery of pups, so if weather is any good, you fancy a run round ?

Just remembered, for anyone near enough - Bikesafe day at Dumfries College - 10:30 onwards if your free, might take a bimble along.

Sorry for poaching your thread Dougie, but it was still on tarck after 6 posts ! so was going well ;):D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 2
  10. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    That would be good :)
    Anytime does me

• Like Like x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Fancy Girvan, Newton Stewart, New Galloway on Tuesday? Weather looks to be OK, I'll run up to you, then round back to New Galloway. About 100 mile loop.

https://goo.gl/maps/JTbTR27DzdQ2

Meet At Patna ~ 10:30 ????

12. GaryM

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    That will do nicely I'll pm you my address.

• Like Like x 1