Giving bonnie a little love... she's been wet and cold for two years :(

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Wyndham, Aug 14, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wyndham

Wyndham New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Alton, Hampshire
    Hi All

I have inherited a 1969 Bonneville T120, and although it has been loved over the years (one owner since new), I am concerned that it has sat unridden outside (under a plastic cover) for the last two winters.

I am fairly happy wheedling a set of spanners and did dismantle and reassemble my Trophy, so can imaging the Bonnie will be a joy to work on, although i'm no expert!

Can anyone please give me some advise on:

a) things to look out for and check on or prior starting it up for the first time?

b) it has been loved, but it has been very economically cared for over the years with mostly original and budget parts used, are there any parts that i should consider upgrading/replacing/modernising to help increase the life of the machine and perhaps it ride-ability/economy/distance etc... Should the chain be replaces with o-rings? should the carbs be upgraded? Tyres? Lights?

I'm not really a speed deamon, so performance in speed isn't my desire, but comfortable longevity or ride is, looking at the service book it states 500mile service intervals! I'd love to tour on it if i could get the vibes down etc...

Thanks for any advice in advance!

Wyndham III