Givi Engine Guards On T120

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by jdwalmsley, Apr 11, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jdwalmsley

jdwalmsley Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    british columbia
    Installed GIVI engine guards on the T120 Ace over the weekend.
    Installation was pretty simple, attachment was to the upper and lowewr engine mount bolts (n55 Torx).
    Only challenge was to access the nuts on the inside of the bolts, especially the upper ones, more particularly the left side behind the horn. Some install videos suggested that the easiest way was to remove the tank, but we found that a short stubby open end 17mm wrench could squeeze into the space and hold the nut. Needed someone to hold the wrench from the opposite side due to limited work space.
    I think the end result is pretty good, these bars are unabtrusive and fit with the bike profile better than others that protrude more.Looks like they will protect the vital parts in a drop, but don't really want to test the theory.
    Pics...

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1919.JPG

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1920.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    They look very neat. Were they significantly cheaper than the triumph parts?

3. tim scott

tim scott Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Aug 30, 2021
    Kent
    Very smart looking additions - bike looks great :)

4. jdwalmsley

jdwalmsley Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    british columbia
    Not sure wht Triumph cgarges, but I suspect these are a lot cheaper.
    I paid CA$ 134, or about US$105, including shipping and tax from GP Bikes in Canada, I'm sure you can get GIVI stuff locally..

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. tim scott

tim scott Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Aug 30, 2021
    Kent
    Triumph are “offering” their version for £196 or $322CD - I’d say you bagged a bargain :)

• Like Like x 2