Getting Back On Two Wheels.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tappers, Apr 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    #1 tappers, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    i've been riding with a bloke i met about 10 years ago, he's so good to ride with i often know his next move is, when he's going to overtake ect ect,14 months ago he was out on his own & a car driver done a U-TURN infront of him, causing him to have an accident, he fractured his right wrist & damaged his left eye,after several operations & 14 months later we decided to meet up & go out on the bikes, he had 2 bikes a bmw 1200le of which was written off, he also has an18 year old yamaha xjr 1300,its only covered 29 miles last year,of which i covered in taking it in for its MOT,no one else has risen his bike apart from him, so it was such a privalige,what a ride,i have the 900 thruxton & a kwaka GTR1400,i only covered 1000 miles on the GTR last year as i favoured the thruxton,as you know they are so different to ride,i like them both.i agreed to meet him up & stay behind him for a ride out, when i arrived at his lock up, the bike was polished up, running on tick over & was ready to go so was he i'm so glad he decided to give it another go & NOT HANG UP HIS GLOVE'S,he never thought he would ever ride again,i'm glad he did,his wife wasn't happy about the idea of him riding again.he couldn't thank me enough 4 taking him out !!!! he even got the tea's in.i look forward to putting a few more mile's on the gtr when the weather improve's.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Glad too hear he is OK and riding again
    Tucker

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Great story there Tappers and good on you for giving a mate a helping hand. Sounds like he really appreciated it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Midlothian
    Nice one Tappers, just what mates are about ....:sun::sun:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Good one Tappers, that’s what friends are for.

I’ll bet that if you ever need a helping hand he’ll be first in the queue to help out