Sprint Gearchange Detent Arm Bearing?

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Blue Flame, Aug 2, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Hiya,

Long Story cut short - Started experiencing a lot of false neutrals on the bike. Triumph dealership had a look at the bike for a couple of days and this is the report I got back "Bearing on gear-change detent arm had become detached. this has been replaced and a new clutch installed under makers warranty".

Being a typical bloke I did not ask what the heck a 'gear-change detent arm' is....but I am sure that one of you knowledgeable chaps will fill me in ??:smile:

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    //http://www.factorypro.com/products/Factory_Pro_shift.html

3. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Thanks. That's what I thought :eek: :upyeah:

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Not bad service from your dealer if they sorted it in a couple of days, if that had been a Ducati it would have been weeks waiting for the part to arrive from Italy!

6. Blue Flame

Blue Flame Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Aye. They said that they ordered up the clutch in advance suspecting that and then they found the issue with the bearing.

Haven't had a chance to fully check that the issue is resolved but will take it out for a blast this weekend to check.