Gear Lever Change

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by chipmiester, Apr 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chipmiester

chipmiester Member

Mar 25, 2019
    tewkesbury uk
    Hi guys bikes been running great But really am struggling with the gear change, my 05 daytona 955i has a gear lever connected directly to gear change shaft and I'm struggling to change gear when riding fast and keep missing gears. Seems to have a lot of up and down movement and if I don't fully drop lever in between gear changes it won't go in to next gear, I've adjusted lever and it's slightly better but finding it uncomfortable to change gear. Any idea peeps or would a set of rearsets off another triumph fit with gear lever on the actual rear set. Cheers in advance.

IMG_20190430_165745.jpg

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    During my time with a Daytona 955i I had two pairs of boots with which I had no problem using the gear change lever. A third pair were too bulky to use on that bike but they were fine on my Trident. Try using the bike with shoes/trainers to see if there is any improvement - don't go too far wearing them though or the elfin safety police will be down on you like a ton of bricks, and me for encouraging you! Could be an excuse for new boots! I guess you have tried moving the lever one position on the splines to see if it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chipmiester

chipmiester Member

Mar 25, 2019
    tewkesbury uk
    Yeh I got a pair of ankle boots just normal leather ones like work boots and change gear better in those for sure but in proper motorcycle boots it's crap. Damn gonna have to see whether it's worth keeping bike as I'll end up trashing gearbox. Bloody hell always something to mess things up

• Like Like x 1