Gear Indicator

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Andrew Richardson, Aug 14, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andrew Richardson

Mar 5, 2017
    Morpeth
    Hi, just looking through threads on gear indicator for a 63 plate with ABS, so does it mean there is no way that I can fit a gear indicator???????:confounded::pensive:

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    You can,........ but with ABS it's a bit of a pain.
    For the non abs bikes you can just plug in to the OBD socket (with the DS model) and job done, but apparently the pin-outs are different for abs models and there is no speed signal on the obd. This means you have to use the X-type and also fit a speed pick-up (GPX-WSS) which is available from GIPro.
    There are some photos and details of fitting here (you'll need Google Translate :)).
    Personally, looked a bit too much hassle and untidy for me, .....I only occasionally go for 7th gear.
    I believe the speedo gets its data from the abs sensors (via the ecu I guess), I'm sure if HealTech put in the effort they could tap in to the correct wire and use that, but I guess the market isn't big enough to make the effort......so I'll pass.

• Like Like x 1
  3. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    • Like Like x 1