Gear Indicator

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Petefin, Jun 29, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Petefin

Petefin New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Glenrothes
    Hi Guys,
    I'm having great trouble counting to six and as a result would like a gear indicator.

I have been looking at the The GIpro DS from HealTech Electronics, with a blue indicator. Anyone had any experience of these?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Pete

2. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    I put one on my speed.. a year ago, relatively easy to fit, works as good as you would expect. happy with mine.

3. SUPERGRANDAD

SUPERGRANDAD Noble Member

Jun 10, 2017
    Woodbridge Suffolk
    Morning to you, I would not be without a gear indicator now. I first fitted one to my Sprint years ago. Just plug it in and go. The Gipro is good kit, just do it, you will not regret it. My biggest benefit is, I ride 2 up and mostly with luggage, it is nice knowing what gear I am in especially in hilly, tight corner areas to ensure the power is good on take up. Just fitted one on my America. Great Value for money. Also stops you searching for the last gear as you indicate counting to 6 is hard.:eek:
    Ken

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Petefin

Petefin New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Glenrothes
    Thanks Ken & Anthony for the replies. That's the confirmation I was looking for, I'll get one ordered.

Many thanks.
    Cheers,
    Pete

5. anthony gothard

anthony gothard Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2016
    lancashire uk
    Just double check you do or do not need the wiring harness. Depends which bike you are putting it on. All info on their site.

6. Petefin

Petefin New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Glenrothes
    It will be going on my 2015 Sprint GT. I'll check when I order it. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
    Pete

7. Shamus13

Shamus13 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
    I have a Gipro on my Speed Triple and is excellent, always displays the correct gear and works quickly. Can't comment of fitting as it was on when I bought the bike but well worth it.

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Petefin

Petefin New Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Glenrothes
    Hi Guys,
    Fitted the Gipro yesterday. Hardest bit was getting the plastics off. Plug supplied went straight into the diagnostic plug and I wired the power lead into the red wire from the engine kill switch (live when switch is on) just before the wires from the handlebar switches go into the socket behind the fairing.
    Set up the unit as per the very simple instructions. I got the blue one, looks good & easy to see in sunlight.
    It takes around two seconds to respond to a gear change but it never got it wrong. In neutral it shows a 0.
    I mounted it on the plastic to the bottom right of the rev counter.
    Very happy with it, great bit of kit.
    However, I would have saved myself £100 if I could have remembered to count what gear I am in. Not enough fingers on my left hand!

Cheers,
    Pete

• Like Like x 1