Gear changing issue

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Jimf, Sep 5, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jimf

Jimf New Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Birmingham
    Hi

so had the Speed 2011 for a day and started to have issues

first ride of the day , ride a mile then cannot get into gear whilst moving, stop with clutch in and can change as easy as pie. Move off and the gears just seem to be locked. Mess around for 5 minutes or so trying to get into 2nd finally get there and after that gears fine for the rest of the day even after stops of an hour or so.

Back to dealer ( not a Triumph shop ) who had bike overnight .. And you've guessed it no similar issue for them although they did say that the high gears were harder than they should be to get into

Dealer accept 'an' issue and have had the gearbox apart but cannot see any issues

dealer not sure what to look at

any ideas

cheers

Jim

2. 2wheeledant

2wheeledant Member

Aug 10, 2014
    South Shields
    New bike to you so get them under their warranty to fit a new gearbox I would, or your money back, loads bikes out there
    to buy with no problems..

3. Jimf

Jimf New Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Birmingham
    well after being with the dealer (not a Triumph dealer) for two weeks got the bike back this morning. Gear box had been taken apart and examined but nothing obvious found

Drove the bike away - up to a junction , held the bike in first on the clutch for about a minute (waiting for a gap in traffic) moved off and there we go again cannot change gear

So looking back on the other times this happened, it was always after I'd held the bike on the clutch at either a junction or roundabout. Once I get going after this ..everything is fine. So back tomorrow to dealer , really like the bike but just can't ride it if its going to do this !