Garmin Sat Nav & Southern Ireland

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Chris Wise, Jan 14, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Just book all my B&B for a trip to Southern Ireland this June. This is the first time I have been to Ireland but when I go to put the B&B in my Garmin Sat Nav it will not accept the post codes or the addresses .So basically my sat nav will be useless in Southern Ireland . I would of thought Southern Ireland would of come under Western Europe and UK maps ,I have this installed on my Garmin but it looks like it does not .Anyone been to Southern Ireland can confirm that I might have to buy another appt or is my sat nav playing up ?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    , have you tried a map update soft reset? Ask my mate @Tiglet he knows how to get the best out of Garmins

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Yes but only the cheapo ones ;):grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flybywyre

Flybywyre Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Winchester UK
    Tiglet as you have been nominated by your mate as the Garmin expert I have a question for you please. I have imported 9 routes from Basecamp to my newly aquired Zumo 595 for a ride I am doing in 5 weeks time. I have numbered each route from 1 -9 in the hope that they will be listed numerically in Trip Planner but they are not. I can't find a way of getting them in the order of the ride. Any ideas how I can do this?

5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    The best I can suggest is you either put the post codes into google and extract co-ordinates from there to enter into your sat nav.

You will probably only be able to use post codes for NI as southern post codes are unique to each house / location and are not grouped together but scattered around the country.

6. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Thanks Oldyam , just done that thanks .Really looking forward to my trip this summer .I have got fed up with all this Brexit crap so I thought I would give Europe a miss this year .Has I have been planning my trip to Ireland and finding out how beautiful is all looks I can not believe I have not thought about it before .You must be a lucky guy to live we all those lovely biking roads on your door step

7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Don’t listen to my bestist mate @crispey I’ve only just learned how to switch my Garmin on :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Thats why youve been moaning about it not working properly, it wasnt working at all!!:rolleyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Both you and I know it was that @steve lovatt who was behind all the wind ups :eek:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    With a lot of help from you! :D

• WTF WTF x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Chris I had no problems with my Garmin when I toured Ireland, so I would try again having changed the country from England.
    What areas are you planning to ride? Good luck.
    Wessa