Fuelling Problem ?

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by newT120, May 14, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Hi all,

Have a little problem with my 2016 T120 that I hope you can help with.

It has started "fluffing" under acceleration, like when I open the throttle quickly, it bogs down and almost stalls. Closing the throttle down eases the problem. If I open the throttle slowly, then I can accelerate and it holds a steady speed OK, but making overtakes or trying to accelerate quickly is nearly impossible.

Any ideas what it could be please ?

Cheers all

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    This can be symptomatic of the fuelling leaning out and was a common trait of the old slide carbs back in the day. Check for obvious things like air leaks on the intake side of the engine and any loose hoses or wiring connectors. Also check the spark plugs are good with no fouling. Failing that, a diagnostic check on the EFI system may be required.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Hi pegscraper - checked the hoses etc. all good. Lifted the plug caps and WD40'd the plug tops. Waited 5 mins then started up. Idled nicely. Took it for a 50 mile run and no problems - just like it never happened !
    Thanks for the advice.

• Informative Informative x 1