765 Fuel Tank Capacity

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Norman Dickenson, Oct 10, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Norman Dickenson

Norman Dickenson New Member

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I recently purchased a new 2020 Street Triple R Low. The manual that came with it states that the fuel
    tank capacity is 4 1/2 gallons. It doesn't clarify if that is USA gallons or Imperial gallon. After several
    fuel refills I find that I get between 45-51 mpg depending on how heavy my throttle hand is. I have had
    the low fuel light go on between 105-125 miles with remaining miles shown as 35-39 miles. I have ridden
    until the remaining mileage is down to between 4 and 15 miles , filled the tank and finding that it has taken
    only between 2.2 and 2.8 gallons to fill the take to the top. Does anyone know the actual amount of fuel
    the tank holds between empty and full. I'm guessing about 3.5 gallons USA

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Norman Dickenson
    Welcome to the family. Can't answer the question. I just keep my tank full all the time and never wait for warnings. Do show the inmates the steed. Hit the upload button bottom right corner and keep the asylum members happy.
    Joe.

3. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    3.5 gallons is about the most I have ever put in mine. Road 15 highway miles after in indicates 0 miles of fuel. If your out in the boonies I rarely pass up an opportunity for additional fuel once I get to 100 miles on the tank.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Norman Dickenson

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    IMG_2546.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  5. Norman Dickenson

Aug 29, 2020
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I totally get it that one should look to refill their tank after 100 miles. The question, though, was, what is
    the total tank capacity from empty to full? I can figure out the other stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maciej

Maciej New Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Cracow, Poland
    User manual says that tank capacity is 17.4 liters in all 2020 versions (RS, S, R and R Low). It's around 3.83 Imperial gallons and 4,6 US gallons. And 4.5 liters of remaining fuel after warning light starts to illuminate

• Like Like x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Norman Dickenson
    Sure is a cool steed. Thanks for sharing the photo.
    Joe.