Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Foxy1, Apr 15, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Eyup chaps, sorry to bother you again. I have a small dent int top o mi tank, from when I had it nicked. I thought that whils mi tank were off t'bike, I'd take it to mi mate who has a body shop. He's tried to pull it out, but ant had much luck. His "dent" man is there, and he sez if we take fuel pump out, he can get to it from bottom, and sort it. My question is...... is it much of a job emptying what bit of fuel is in there, and removing/replacing fuel pump? I presume I'd have to fit new gaskets/seal on replacing it?
    I've looked int manuals section, and there's nowt about fuel pump removal.
    TIA

2. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    The fuel pump should not be too much of a problem to remove and at most new gaskets/seals would be required on rebuild, it would also give you the opportunity to clean any filters or strainers on the pump, if this is the only way to repair the tank it must be considered, have you any pic's as this would let us see what it is you are up against.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    Cheers Don.
    No pics mate, mi mate has mi tank. He's bringing it back toneet. Think I'll live wit dent, as it's only a small un.

• Like Like x 1