Fuel / Petrol Tap / Petcock Wanted - 1992 900

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Thorcusmodee, Jun 8, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thorcusmodee

Thorcusmodee Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Anybody got a petcock for a 1992 Trident? I have found a second hand tank but it has no tap. Don't mind if it's one that needs a service kit. Thanks in advance.

2. adethetrade

adethetrade Active Member

Nov 20, 2016
    cannock
    They break the ends off, so you may struggle to get one best look on Ebay that's where i got mine from but you can use a different petcock which misses the vacuum pipe out this as been done on this site before or on the tomcc site

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Ah, that may explain why they are in short supply. I see Wemoto have them but they are about 60 quid, which is over 20 pints in old money. A substitute may be a good idea. Thanks!!

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    I'm in the same boat. I found a tap off another tank but the mounting hole spaces are different. Bummer.

6. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Most of the the Ebay taps will require a repair kit which will cost around £25 + post ( Make sure youre getting the tank filter as well as these are not available separately ) as well as the cost of the second hand tap + post.

It will no doubt work out cheaper to buy either an original tap or a Pingel tap + adaptor, you will then need to add a "T" into the fuel lines to make the connections & blank off the Vacuum line from the carb.

Bear in mind that adding the "T" in the fuel lines will further cramp the area under the tank at the tap as well as making access to the tap lever more difficult with the bodywork in place.

The choice is yours ......

7. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    I will nip to the hospital and pinch one of those saline bags and stands so I can go the gravity feed route. In my imagination I will have a crude sort of supercharging thing by giving the bag a squeeze every now and again. Or maybe not. :)

• Funny Funny x 1