Tiger 800 Fuel Manager

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Rafe, Oct 2, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rafe

Rafe New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    Ok so Ill start out my new membership with a fuel manager question, did a forum search using various terms and didnt find anything so forgive please if this is located somewhere already.

I have a 2018 Tiger 800 XrX low, bone stock. I use a Power Commander of some sort on every other bike I ride, from Harleys to Yams to Zukes, and was wondering if anyone has one on a Tiger.

I dont know how it is in Europe but US Tigers have a catalytic converter I would love to strip off, and past experience with other bikes has shown that a fuel manager is pretty much a necessity after that. Im also planning to aftermarket the exhaust next year.

So....any advice on using one, or does the ECM do a good job on its own, is there an aftermarket dongle to plug and play, any problems youve noticed afterward, etc.

Thank you.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I'm no expert but I've heard the 2018 ECMs can't be fiddled with

3. Rafe

Rafe New Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Minnesota
    Just my luck, if true.:confused:

4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    All ECU's can be fiddled with. Just a case of finding the correct person.

5. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Ive heard that you can tweek em but you cant reset cos if you knacker it then you cant reset and blame the manufacturer.I dont know if this is true, seems logical.

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    download (2).jpg

Ill get my coat,:):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    As far as I'm aware you do not replace existing software, you piggy back revised software alongside, so warranty not affected