Thruxton Fuel Guage

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by TTDaveR, Apr 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TTDaveR

TTDaveR New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Surrey UK
    I was out on the Thruxton R on Sunday and stopped at a garage to refuel. After doing so I left the garage and had got about half a mile up the road and glanced down at the clocks. My fuel guage was showing it was full and the "range to empty" was showing 165 miles. After another couple of miles I glanced down and the guage was now showing 1 bar left and a "range to empty" of 15 miles. After another 2 miles it was showing empty and had zero range left. Just 3 dashes.

Has anybody else had this problem? I've reported it to the dealer who said they will sort it out when my new clocks arrive as the original ones are being replaced due to a condensation issue.

Thanks!!

2. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Ive had new clocks fitted and on both new and old the fuel display has always appeared accurate....I hope.

Sure the dealer means when your new clocks are fitted the problem will be sorted, can't see what else they can do to the digital display ?

3. TTDaveR

TTDaveR New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Surrey UK
    Yes he said hopefully it will resolve itself once the new clocks are fitted.

4. BiKenG

BiKenG Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Surrey
    Did the new clocks actually resolve the problem?

Last ride on my Thruxton R I noticed that the fuel gauge is kaput. Range to empty is just 3 dashes and there are NO bars on the gauge. This is either the sender unit or the gauge itself. What did it take to fix yours?