Fuel Gauge

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Lewie, Aug 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lewie

Lewie New Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Hi Guys.
    Just want to pick your brains. Just come back from France whilst down there I noticed with my fuel gauge that when I fuelled up it took an eternity to register total mileage left also bars would not go up to the full position. The problem acured more that once the frustrating thing was in the meantime I was using bike so by the time it registered my fuel consumption had obviously dropped. In the end I was riding to the fuel light to gauge me on mileage. I disconnected battery from bike thinking this would reset the computer but this didn't work have any of you guys had the same problem if so how did you rectify this .
    Cheers in advanced Paul.
    Sorry guys forgot to say my bike is Triumph Tiger 1050SE 2012

2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Very common problem on Multistrada's (had several sender units on mine before got rid). So far no problem with my S3R. Strong rumours that the high ethanol content in fuel these days is to blame (plastic distortion/swelling of float or tube). Especially if fuel left standing over winter months. I use low ethanol whenever possible and use a stabilizer additive when storing over winter.
    You'd hope they use suitable plastics by now.

• Useful Useful x 2