Fuel Feed Arrangement 900 Trident

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Thorcusmodee, Jun 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thorcusmodee

Thorcusmodee Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Just a quick sanity check if I may. I have Mikuni carbs fitted, they have 2 breather pipes and 2 feed pipes. I don't have a fuel tap yet but Haynes seems to show a single pipe coming from the tank. I am assuming there should be a tee piece to supply the 2 feeds and then two pipes off the breather going down to the bottom of the frame. Is that correct? I'm also assuming the tap is vac operated from the vac port of the right hand carb? Thanks in advance as usual, especially to Rocker whether he answers or not, just to make up for not acknowledging him for answering my last question :) :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Both feed pipes from the carbs fit to separate outlets on the fuel tap and a 3rd smaller tapping is for the vac pipe off the rhs ( no. 3 ) carb as you suggest.

The 2 breather pipes go up and over the top of the air filter and then down following the spine of the frame.

Don't attribute this to @Rocker as I was first :joy::joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Just a thought ..........

Make sure you have the preformed pipes for the carb feeds as there is a good possibility that they will kink otherwise causing issues with fuelling.

As you are rebuilding it all I have found it usefull to reposition the main wiring loom where it follows the spine of the frame down towards the airbox from the ignition coils from the LHS of the frame behind the fuel tap location to the RHS as this gives more room for the fuel pipes to be fitted without kinking or being pinched.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    Thanks for that, it's probably a bit late for repositioning the loom but I could see why it would make sense. Thanks for the other info too - that helps a lot. Guess I have something else to buy now :)

5. Oldyam

Oldyam Grumpy Old Git

May 14, 2017
    ireland
    Theres still a bit of movement in the loom at that point, just above the airbox, once you have the tank fitted you will see its very tight otherwise. I would still pull the loom to make as much space as you can.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thorcusmodee

Jun 2, 2018
    Boston, Lincs
    I will have a look at that tomorrow. Just discovered my fan switch doesn't work. Boiled up a treat she did :)