Front Fork Reflectors.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by macamxthe1st, Aug 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. macamxthe1st

macamxthe1st Well-Known Member

Can anyone please tell me are the orange reflectors on the fork legs just stuck on with double sided adhesive as I would like to remove them.

Thanks.

Geoff.

2. Hillbonne

Hillbonne New Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Pembrokeshire
    Theres a few clips on You Tube about removing the reflectors.
    One here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXYSgTwfO_E&frags=pl,wn

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. macamxthe1st

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

Geoff.

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Make sure you stick it back on properly. I had to remove one from the radiator cowl when I changed the coolant last year and despite my best efforts it still manage to escape when out on a ride. And can I find a replacement? Can I buggery!! 2.5cm x 9cm seems to be a really rare size. Would probably be easier to find one that's the size of a dustbin lid!!
    SIGH!

5. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Warm them up, then use dental floss to 'cut' them off. Not done myself, but saw this suggested on a couple of bike pages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. macamxthe1st

Now in the bin along with that lollipop that hung under the number plate, much better. Thanks for the replies.

Geoff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Geoff - good luck come MoT time if you get a picky tester. A rear reflector is I think compulsory so if you've taken that off you may have an issue.

• Agree Agree x 3