Sprint Front Fairings for my Sprint ST 955

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by cosworth89, Jun 26, 2016.

1. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Hi there, new to the forum but very excited to be the proud owner of a great british bike! i have recently purchased a sprint st 955 99 model and it has had the front fairing removed as the person i brought it off was going to streetfighter it but id prefer to put it back to standard so if anyone has or knows anyone who has some spare front fairings id be greatly thankful!

All the best and happy riding!

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  3. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Yeah I noticed they are expensive and not many of them about. What alternative could I do then as I don't have many funds available atm do you think I should street fighter it get a different light and clocks maybe cheaper and look okay in the end?

4. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Cossie, if it were me I would definitely streetfighter it. Have a look here for a series of vids by someone well known in Triumph circles, with his project.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    that looks interesting think im going to go with streetfighter, ive had a problem riding the bike home from the guy i brought it off today and the radiator has sprung a leak :( whats the best thing to do would you guys think? new radiator is out of my price range and there isnt any decent on ebay :(

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    is it defo the rad, not hoses or connections? cheapest I can see is 42 quid delivered, check for Daytona, RS , ST possible others, Triumphs Triples, lots of parts are interchangable between these models if in doubt check diagrams on world of Triumph and ask. Good luck, keep the updates coming and post some photos (they are free)

7. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    yeah defo the rad its leaking from both sides of the core brown coolant all over the bike and rad :(

8. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    right ive had a look at a tiger 955 rad it looks similar but theres one outlet thats on the front of the rad rather than the back will this make much difference?

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Hay Cosworth,
    955 955i are different engines. you need to to some research read some articles and stuff. I havn't been in your exact position so I'm not sure. I think yours is an i.
    The more imfo about the bike and your experience, you share on here, the more these guys can help, pictures please.

I would be looking for one that looks exactly the same ,cos this will be your cheapest and quickest option; no rerouting and buying new hoses, making brackets, etc. Also this may cause problems which effect other systems and make diagnostics later-on more difficult.Keep it simple and safe, don't assume, check.
    I always think don't customize to fix a problem. Customize a working bike and if somethings wrong then you know why straight away.

10. cosworth89

cosworth89 New Member

Jun 26, 2016
    somerset
    Thank you for your advice yes mine is the 955I there isn't very many radiators around to be honest but thankfully it looks as though it's a tiny leak as hardly loses anything. I have a different problem now though I've looked at the bike and there is a pipe hanging loose from the left hand side of the engine and it's not going anywhere I've looked but can't seem to see where it goes at all ill upload a pic of the pip hopefully one of you guys will know where its from lol thank you for all advice and help :)

1467657330246385796354.jpg