From Katana To Street Twin

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Sara Bennett, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sara Bennett

Sara Bennett New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    United States
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and forums in general. I've been riding for almost 11 years now started with a Suzuki sv650 for a year (until i wrecked her ) and then a Suzuki Katana for the rest of the time. Looking at the street twin. Does anybody have this bike with the mini wind screen? Given the small wind screen on the Katana I'm not afraid to get blown around a bit, but wasn't sure if the different riding posture will make a difference, or how much the wind screen really affects that. I do some highway riding at 80ish mph fairly regularly.

2. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum Sara.
    All the Bonnevilles are great, test ride a few and it will help in your final choice.
    If you are doing regular highway riding you might want to consider the T120, bigger engine and a six speed gearbox.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi Sara and welcome

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Welcome in, I'm sure a street twin owner will be along to answer your question soon

5. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Welcome Sara. I have the T100 with the touring screen - comes about four inches above the clocks. Bit higher than the fly screen but not as big ad the longhaul screen. I find it quite effective at highway speed at deflecting some of the turbulence. You're still a bit of a sail but it's quite manageable and fits the bikes aesthetics wvery well.

6. Tal

Tal Active Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Milton Keynes
    [​IMG]From England Sara.

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome. I have a street twin with a small screen and it does work reasonably well. Although I'm not sure what the difference is as it has been on the bike from new.
    Wessa

8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi and welcome to the forum

9. Sara Bennett

Sara Bennett New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    United States
    Thanks! This helps a lot

10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Hi mate. I have the Street Twin with screen. Before I put it on a steady 80mph resulted in strain on my upper arms due to pressure on the chest. The screen transfers the wind pressure up around the chin, so a little more neck ache, but able to cruise at 80mph no probs. I generally rag it home on some back bendies at 80-90mph and love it. Not long back from eight days and 2225 miles round trip to Scotland. It tours too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Welcome in Sara !