Free To A Good Home - Collection From Surrey

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Captain Trips, Feb 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    Hi guys, after the tragic loss of my 2007 Speedy (bloody insurance companies!) I have got a few spare parts which I had thought might come in handy. L&R rear side panels in black, vgc, and the full exhaust system which was removed to fit an Arrow low boy system, so never been used. I've also got the abomination which Triumph fitted to the tail and which everyone bins when they fit a tail tidy. Pillion pegs too. As I say though, I don't want to be messing around with couriers or the Post, so collection only from the Camberley area. Free to a good home, (although if you have a spare C-spanner for chain adjustment I wouldn't say no).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    Additionally, I've found the plastic clock cover, (the bit you take off if you're fitting the cowl) and the rear plastic trim which fits between the saddle and the rear light (this is small so happy to post it out if needed). Of course, judging from the deafening silence on this post, no one wants any 07 bits! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I had a similar situation clearing some Honda bits out when I bought the Triumph. It just seems certain items aren't desirable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Captain Trips.
    That's the spanner that fit the rear wheel slotted adjuster on the sprint st is it. I will look I do think I saw one in my garage not so long ago. If that is what you need and I find it I will drop it in the post for you.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    If my 2010 is compatible with the side panels and the bit between the seat and rear light I would be interested
    I don't live a million miles away either

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Just a quick look and there is a markable difference between 2007 and 2010
    Good luck though

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chewie

Chewie Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    I would love to take the black left and right rear side panels, for a project I am doing, but as I'm in Australia they would need to be posted, and I do realise that would involve a fair bit of effort on your part, so as well as postage I would be prepared to pay for your trouble. If you find no-one local to take the parts that is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    #8 Captain Trips, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Hi Joe, that sounds like the one. If you do find it let me know and I'll pm my address and send you something to cover the postage and pay for a beer . Cheers

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Great offer anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    Hi Chewie, my sister lives in Sydney and is a regular visitor to Melbourne. By coincidence she's visiting me in a couple of weeks. If no one local has taken them in the meantime I'll see if she has room in her suitcase (unlikely I know) and we can try and sort something, otherwise PM me an address and I'll see what the Post office feel they want to charge me.

11. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    Sorry Red Thunder, you're right, after the '07 they broke the mould!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    Sorry Red Thunder, you're right, after the '07 they broke the mould!

13. Chewie

Chewie Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks Captain. I'll PM my details to you, so you can get a postal quote.

14. Chewie

Chewie Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    I might be stupid but I can't see any way to sent a Private Message on this forum. Can anybody steer me in the right direction please?

15. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Well on my fone there is a letter icon at the top of the site. Click on that then click start new conversation. Start typing the name of the person you want to chat to and suggested names come up. Bingo. Type away.

16. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hey chewie, if you click on the profile name of the guy you want to pm. When that opens up just under his profile picture it say “start a conversation” click on that and annoy anyone you want on here! Or go to the top of the page click on the menu button , 3 horizontal lines, that opens up a page that has an envelope on it, click on that and start one there

17. Chewie

Chewie Member

Dec 16, 2016
    Melbourne Australia
    Thanks Dave and Crispey.

18. Drubert155

Drubert155 New Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Ipswich uk
    Hi mate are the seat panels still available? I’d be interested for my 05 speedy