Free Mags From Mag

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by beerkat, Oct 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I know a few people who use this forum are members of MAG but I suspect most people aren't. There are many reasons why you should be. Basically if you value your freedom as a motorcyclist you should become a member and support the work they do, which allows you to carry on using your bike without unnecessary hinderance or complication.
    To encourage people to join, MAG are giving away free copies of back issues of their magazine, 'The Road'.
    Simply email your name and address to: [email protected]
    If you enjoy it maybe you'll join, at the very least you'll discover something new. For example, the government is currently looking at the issue of parking on pavements. Did you know that? Of course you didn't. But if you sometimes stick your bike on a suitable bit of pavement it's going to affect you.
    A bit of good news..motorcycle registrations were up again in July 2020. MCIA have released figures showing registration of powered two wheelers (PTW's) grew by 41.9% compared to July 2019. Of that number 10,494 were motorbikes. Maybe we're not a dying breed after all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    By the way, if anyone does go for the free mags or sees sense and actually becomes a MAG member, it would be good to know.
    Something else you may find interesting (or even amusing :grinning:) is one of the two main political campaigners for MAG is Lembit Opik, the former Lib Dem MP. A long-time biker (and ex-Cheeky Girl fiancee, but don't let that put you off), who does an excellent job. The other is Colin Brown. Between them they keep MP's and the government aware of motorcyclists existence.
    The Highway Code is currently under review (did you know that?) and they are making sure that we, as motorcyclists, are recognised as 'vulnerable' road users and need specific consideration.
    Incidently, if you frequent Rye in Sussex you may be pleased to learn that the council's plan to close Strand Quay, a well-established motorcyclist gathering point, to bikes has now been dismissed. All down to intervention by MAG.
    There's a long list of things MAG has done to ensure we can carry on enjoying our love of bikes and the freedom they bring (opening of bus lanes to bikes, scrapping of tolls on bridges, exposing blatant anti-motorcycle bias in Oxford CC's local transport plan..I could go on :zzz:). But they need your support and yes, your £30 membership fee, so get your finger out!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Thanks for that, I'll have a look now.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Excellent!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Thripster

Thripster Elite Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Northampton, UK
    Just emailed them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Windy

Windy First Class Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Shropshire
    Email sent...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I am sorry but wouldn't join don't like or trust them. And i think AA & RAC do more mot to mention MCN.
    Joe

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    Sad to read this Joe. Would you mind telling us why you feel this way.

• Agree Agree x 1