Free bike parking

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by steve lovatt, Jun 23, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Just occured to me yesterday on my trip down to Avon Beach at Mudeford (favourite haunt of mine) that it might be useful to post the whereabouts of free motorcycle spaces in car parks as and when I see them.

At Mudeford, there is no free bike parking in The Avon Beach car park or at the Mudeford Quay car park, but the Avon Run Road car park does have free spaces for motorcycles at the far end opposite where the entrance is.
    Known locally as "the sunken" car park, it is situated immediately behind the Avon Beach car park and accessed off Avon Run Road.

On the same subject, all of Winchester's 11 off street car parks have dedicated free motorcycle spaces - worth knowing that The Brooks is covered. There are no dedicated on-street parking bays for motorcycles, although motorcycles may be left without permit or payment in all residents' on-street parking bays!

2. Tigmutt

Tigmutt New Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Bolton
    City centre Manchester has plenty of free bike parking dotted around places like Albert Square. But what you may not know is that some of the multi storey car parks, such as the Phones4u Arena also allow free parking for bikes.

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    It would seem to me that this is very useful information, but needs presenting in a graphical form.So when planning a trip to a different town or whatever, one could plan to take advantage of these free-parking motorcycle places.

I don't have the technical know-how to do this, but I offer a simple version relating to France, showing where the bike free parking is:

france-map.gif

EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Wasn't Paris going to ban bikes from parking on the pavement?

Free bike parking in Brighton although the spaces are not always in obvious locations! If you're thinking of coming down let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    The biggest single thing I noticed from living in France is this: French authorities will declare a rule, but if the citizens don't like it they just ignore it as if it wasn't there. And that includes the Gendarmerie and the Metro Police.

Act discretely and park anywhere you like. Act like an arse and you'll get nicked - SIMPLES.

• Like Like x 3
  6. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Bridlington harbour car park (road end) and Scarborough sea wall just past the harbour. At least they were a couple of years ago ... not been since 2012 due to illness limiting my riding time! :(

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I took my bike into london the other day, first time in london on a bike for around 20 years, for one I couldn't find any spare spaces in bike parks, unless you had a shoe horn and didn't care about your paintwork, and 2 I found you had to pay!!! What's that all about? I thought the were trying to encourage lower emissions?

8. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    free bike parking places in Lincoln are next to the central railway station A57 , Saltergate junction with Bank st & Silver street/Mint st link at the High st crossing .