Fork Side-Reflectors Removal

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DANSOME, Nov 2, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Hi all,
    New 2016 S3R owner here.
    While I'm waiting for the bike to arrive at the my local dealer (hopefully this week) I'm considering my first mods.
    Number one on the list is the removal of those "fugly" side reflectors on the sides of the fork. Have any of you guys done this? Any tips? Will it leave any mark of some sort? Did any of you get the dealer to do this for you?

Thanks in advance!

2. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    Dental floss will do it!

3. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    I've seen a video showcasing the "Floss-Technique". Did you try this yourself? Didn't it leave a spot or mark where the reflectors used to be? Or where the floss rubbed the forks?

4. Fazerboy

Fazerboy Member

May 24, 2016
    London
    Yes, I used this method myself.

Slide the dental floss down between the fork tube and the reflector and the reflector will come off leaving a residue of the sticky pad. This can be cleaned off with white spirit or brake cleaner.

Don't forget to get an Evotech tail tidy as this will get rid of the ridiculous rear side-reflectors.

• Like Like x 1
  5. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Welcome n enjoy the new bike, As above Evotech for the tail tidy :)

6. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

If you warm them up first with a hair dryer or hot air gun on lowest setting, will come off even easier ! Old trick from car repairers when taking car badges / trim off panels.

GT85 & wd40 good for removing sticky residue, I wouldn't risk brake cleaner on painted surfaces, can react sometimes. :D

7. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Yeah, I'm looking at fitting a tail-tidy as well. However the Evotech is sold out on their website. I'm considering this one ( https://www.barracudamoto.com/moto/...e-2011-2013.html?___store=gb&___from_store=it ) from Barracuda instead. I'm just not sure it will fit since it's made for the 2015 model. Any thoughts?

8. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
  9. DANSOME

DANSOME Active Member

Nov 1, 2016
    E.U.
    Damn, but thanks for the ebay link. I will get the Evotech ordered soon as I can before it goes out of stock. Cheers!