For Those That Like Loud Bikes...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cyborgbot, Jul 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

• Like Like x 1
  2. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    HD. the most efficient way of turning petrol into noise, without the side effect of horsepower.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

If a group of bikes passes one of these cameras how can it pick out the noisy one's?, I usually ride with a Harley and a Yamaha that would most definitely fail a decibel test, my Rocket engine is 600cc bigger, but quieter than there's, so I hope I don't get a ticket.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Good point - unless they can prove as they can now which vehicle was noisy - what if they all are?

I think it would only work if ambient noise was low and a single vehicle passed the 'camera' - even then problematic...

Just found a solution. Point a laser at it and observe the modulation on the return signal - not only can you detect the speed of the vehicle but also any vibration - vibration is proportionate to the noise it makes... Well - I'd do a bit of research into that assertion but I thinks there's something in it (even if the vibration isn't mechanical but the 'echo' of the exhaust tone)... But using a laser a sensor means it is specific to the object it is observing vs an omnidirectional microphone - this reduces error and increases chance of prosecution.

This is now copyrighted at 18:43 on the 12/7/2019. Thank you.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Opppssss... sorry...

• Like Like x 1