Touring Folkbloke in France

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by folkbloke, Jun 12, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. folkbloke

folkbloke Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    #1 folkbloke, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    I am going to do a proper write-up when I've got my photos sorted and posted on Flickr. I've managed to get a selection on camera, phone and ipad but I can't move them from the phone or camera as they are old technology with no Bluetooth and the iPad can't see them.

In the meantime though......

Les Mees near Digne. Never seen these rock formations before..... That's a paper bag on the seat btw

image.jpg

2. folkbloke

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    And Tarascon last Friday after a brilliant day through the Cevennes.. Still too fecking hot for a bike though

image.jpg

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    You weren't wearing your cut-offs, T-shirt and flip flops, were you? No wonder you were too hot.

You must have nigh-on passed by my door - 23350 - to get down there. I could have treated you to lunch.

4. folkbloke

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    Thanks Dave. I did think about it before I left but by the time I'd found out what a fine fellow you were and where you were I'd already organised my route following my 1955 guidebook and it took me a lot further to the east :(

It was my longest day, from Senlis to Le Puy, and I was rotten company anyway. One of my worst days ever on a bike. A combination of heat, road works, diversions, idiots,and tiredness really got to me.

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Sorry to hear you had such a rotten run down - next time eh?

6. folkbloke

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    It was only that day. My own fault for trying to avoid motorways and setting too long a distance. I'll write about it in more detail at some point!

The other days were quite exceptional though. To be continued.....

Next time without a doubt :)

7. Dodge74

Dodge74 Active Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Lincoln
    I admit defeat on the subject of the America seat btw , it got the better of me on my trip to France & I started calling it names :( I guess it will need addressing before my next voyage

• Like Like x 1
  8. folkbloke

Jul 20, 2013
    Sussex
    #8 folkbloke, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    The Norman Hyde seat isn't bad (even it is expensive...)

Another option is an Airhawk or one of the cheaper versions like this Airpad

I used one for years on my GS then my Tiger and then the America (even when I got the NH seat I still used the Airhawk for a while before I realised I probably didn't need it!)