Foglights / Dlr Lights

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dave kai piper, Dec 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dave kai piper

Dave kai piper New Member

Dec 6, 2020
    UK
    Howdy!

New here and looking for some advice. Recently had an RTA & long story short, I am in the need of some advice. Just before I pull the pin and order an OEM Foglight, are there any better options on the market.

Thank you in advance.

2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I know givi does some, but probably not the cheapest. The OEM ones will likely be the neatest solution though. I do think being more visible is a good thing, but strangely the only bike I ever had with auxiliary lights, I got wiped out on by someone pulling out in front of me. Theres no substitute for being extra aware of potential accidents really.
    Welcome to the forum by the way :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    You just can't legislate for the blind or totally incompetent.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Very true!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dave kai piper

Dec 6, 2020
    UK
    Yup, had mine on when I got driven into :)

I just find the OEM ones quite bulky.

Thank you!!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Dave kai piper

Dec 6, 2020
    UK
    Ha! There is truth to that.

7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I went for some indicators that double as DRL from Alchemy parts. I put a switch on the handle bars, which is a legal requirement so they can be turned off at night. When the indicators are on they alternate white and amber. I like the extra lights, but worry the indicators are less obvious, I suppose I can always turn off the DRL if I want the indicators more prominent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    can't help you dont see much fog here

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I've got these on the Scrambler and very pleased with them. I had them on the Berg until I replaced them with some twin beam lamps for night time off roading. Mine throw more of a spot beam so not that suitable for fog TBH when you need more of a light spread.

10. Steve T.

Steve T. Active Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Northern British Columbia
    #10 Steve T., Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    In N. America we have Denali Lights (Twisted Throttle.com or .CA ) which (I'll say) perform very well. Just transferred/installed my "old driving lights" after 10yrs on at least 3 other bikes! They have multiple types of LED lights for Front/Rear/Signals etc. Also, different company, the CSP Mini LED H4 replacement is amazing

Here's a pic of the "old" Denali lights I just (re)installed. Mounted to frame just behind the rad. Had to modify the bracket length to get them forward of the exhaust and clear line of sight past the gaiters! Also ran a wire to power a GPS - There's not a lot space under the seat for relays etc.... Both are triggered by the Ignition Switch (ON)
    Denali Lights (3).jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Windy

Windy First Class Member

Aug 16, 2019
    Shropshire
    • Like Like x 1