Foggy Goggles

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by DanielB, Oct 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    Hi all...collective wisdom needed...

I am fed up with eye wear. There...it's that simple. :triumph:

Can anyone recommend some eye wear that won't fog up, and won't require a re-mortgage?

I mainly ride on A roads and urban...I don't really like my visor down, but do want some eye protection. I generally just wear £3 cycling glasses/goggles from Decathlon...but they fog up (in this cold weather) unless I am moving...so great for the A roads...not so good when at traffic lights!

Any suggestions...? I appreciate you get what you pay for, and am willing to invest (relatively), say up to about £50, in some proper goggles that allow me to ride without fogging up...or, is it simply me against physics? :tired_face:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #2 Adie P, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Us Oldies will say that you cut a potato in half and wipe the surface over the inner lens surface - it's supposed to stop the lens misting up. Whether it's effective or not I couldn't rightly say. It's also said that liquid soap smeared thinly over the lens and allowed to dry will have the same effect. Again, dunno if it works but worth a try before you punt £50 on something that is equally unlikely to work.

Or maybe try some/one of these;-

https://www.greenham.com/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Eye-and-Face-Protection/Vented-Goggles~c~AHG

Thing is, I can't imagine £3 cycling glasses are actually sealing against your face and causing the misting through lack of ventilation so it's a bit of a stretch to think that ventilation alone will cure it.

Doesn't help, but might lead you towards some experimentation?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Stop breathing at traffic lights :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
  6. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire

You may be concerned to hear, that I do!!

I think it is my breath that does it...that or damp hair?

7. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    • Like Like x 1