Fly Screen

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by jack1050, May 26, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jack1050

jack1050 Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Hi all

Due to a new job, and its location, im considering changing my s3 for a sprint st,

unless i can make the s3 a better commuter, the past few week have been painfully cold having to leave home at 0430 and we all know how the wind blast is on a s3 to the point of me stopping half way and cuddling the engine lol

as cash is a big deciding factor or lack of it,, after getting the bike

I would like to ask if any one has found/used a decent fly screen that works.

Heated grips
    or even
    heated clothing

or should i just change the bike. and take the hit on losing some cash on it ?? in a px

:biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes:

2. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    My mate (street triple owner) has a pair of gerbing heated gloves, he reckons they are brilliant, not cheap, & when you get off remember you're wired to the bike! He says way better than heated grips & your hands are always the first to give up when the temp drops, keep yer digits warm & you'll go much further.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yep heard good things about them heated gloves... But now the weather is getting warmer it must be getting easier... Always worth spending money on good quality clothing...

4. mr.h

mr.h Senior Member

May 29, 2013
    Lincolnshire
    My darling 'current wife' bought me some Alpinestars heated gloves for Christmas - lovely warm waterproof gloves, handy inline switch, good length to the wires... but the gloves are very bulky and hard to 'feel' what your doing - in fact I am so pleased I had a black visor when I pulled up at the lights outside Aldi as when the lights went green could I hell as like get the clutch and throttle balanced due to the thick gloves! When I did get away I GOT away (out the way of an embarrassing school boy error :eek:)

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I have the cowl and fly screen fitted and it does deflect some wind but I am quite tall at 6' 4" so some of the wind blast is still hitting my helmet with the associated wind noise. My wife also has the same Triumph screen fitted to her Street Triple and she says she can duck down out the blast (5' 7").
    We have just returned from an 1800 mile tour of Scotland on the bikes and were happy at 80 mph + on the motorway. We have also added SW motec tank bags and great SW Motec soft panniers with quick release frames that keep the panniers off the exhausts, these work fantastic and leave the bikes looking standard after a couple of minutes removing the bags and frames.
    I also have fitted Oxford Hot Grips and would say they are one of the best mods I have made; four heat settings and allow me to wear summer gloves most of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jack1050

jack1050 Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sad to say After 4 months on the s3 i still didnt get on with it, so now its gone, and i now have a Tuono. from the of i felt right at home on it and back to enjoying riding. again just need some heated stuff.. :eek:

7. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Sorry to hear you didn't get on with the S3 but good look with the Tuono......... take it that it's the V twin, hear they are a hoot to ride.

8. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    My mate has a Tuono and loves it. I've ridden it quite a lot but much prefer the SIII. I guess it's horses for courses but I suspect he's gay! Just sayin'...

• Like Like x 1
  9. jack1050

jack1050 Member

Feb 2, 2013
    ahh but your only gay if you push back, !! and i dont :redface:

• Like Like x 2
  10. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Fair comment! I also heard that it's not gay if you beat 'em up afterwards...

Which Tuono is it? I must admit it was a toss-up (no puns, please) between a gen two and the SIII for me but the SIII suits me better - obviously the other way round for you (again no puns - where is Pig when you need him?). I really did fancy the V4! Enjoy your riding and stay safe.

B motorcyclesmilie.gif

motorcyclesmilie.gif

11. jack1050

jack1050 Member

Feb 2, 2013
    got the rsvr not the v4 still asking a little to much for the v4 at the mo but ive heard good things about them.. :biggrin:

12. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Generally good apart from a lot of them seem to seize! Just sayin'...

13. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Im here honey x. How can i help? :cool:

14. jack1050

jack1050 Member

Feb 2, 2013
    its all relative as triumph have there probs aswell,

15. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    No-one knows that better than me - the green one's on it's second engine, third set of clocks, seventh battery, third set of l/h switch gear! If I didn't love riding it so much I would never have bought another one!

16. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Bit like Triggers broom in Only Fools & Horses then....

"This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time" :biggrin:

17. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    My Dad has a hammer like that...

18. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
  19. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013