Sprint GT Fly Screen Ideas/thoughts

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Mpgscott, May 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    I know a lot of you dont like the beemers but coming from a GS to the GT i was out today and my lid is plastered in flies and crap, so its just my height being in the airflow off the screen very slightly. I have the larger touring screen on the bike but im still getting splattered. Anyone had experience of fitting like the MRA lip and does it make a difference.

Bottom line im lazy and dont like stopping to clean the visor all the time, im used to doing hundreds of miles in a sitting and not having this issue. Totally different bike but if there are any ideas then would love to hear them.

Cheers as usual.

PS love the power on the GT over that of the GS, im really enjoying it.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    As far as I know there are 3 sizes of screen. Then you need to buy a clip on addition.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Thats the thing i mean a clip on adapter to slightly raise the screen or air flow bit higher any thoughts.

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  5. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Cheers have you used it Sprinter??

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Dont need it,I have the touring screen and it works fine for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. trudd

trudd Member

Oct 13, 2014
    #7 trudd, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  8. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    #8 Mpgscott, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Folks,

I fitted wing screen but im still getting a lot of wind its not really making much difference. Is there any larger screens that anyone is aware off for the GT? Its the touring screen thats on which i belive is much greater height over standard and now with the lip i have fitted. My concern is that im thinking of fitting bar risers just to ease on the old wrists and thinking if i do this it will be even worse.

Pics below of the way I have it the now..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ive been reading about the zero gravit DB touring screens but they dont look any taller than what i currently have. So any advice much appreciated

https://www.triumphrat.net/sprint-forum/234154-sprint-gt-screen-options-2.html

9. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    IMG_20180307_114227144_HDR (2).jpg

Double bubble, Im 5,11 and this works very well for me.

• Like Like x 1