765 Fly Screen Advice

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by RS Robbo, Mar 31, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RS Robbo

RS Robbo New Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Kent
    Hi all,

Got a Powerbronze fly screen fitted to my 2019 765 RS, can’t say I notice much protection from the wind but it looks neat and clean on the bike.

Anyway, been out today and it’s taken a knock from something and shattered in half so I’m looking to replace it. Does anyone have any experience of the Puig fly screen? Mounted to the outside of the nose cone it doesn’t look as slick but it appears to be a bit taller so I’m hoping it’ll offer a little more wind protection and obviously after shelling out on the Powerbronze for it to shatter I’m hesitant to buy another.

Thanks in advance, Robbo

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi, Robbo. Sorry to read about your Powerbronze screen shattering. :( Hope nothing more happened to your bike...or to you? What happened if I may ask? I have a Powerbronze screen on my Speed Triple so am a bit concerned to read that yours shattered in half.

I find my screen to take some wind off my torso but do agree that it's not much. But I also agree that it looks very neat and clean on the bike. Mine's the dark smoke tint.

3. RS Robbo

RS Robbo New Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Kent
    Rest of the bike and I are fine thank you. Something obviously hit it when riding but I didn't hear or see anything, only noticed it when I stopped for fuel, more of a crack than shatter but still annoying.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Wow, Robbo. That's quite a crack and especially from something you didn't even notice hitting the screen. I wonder if that screen had a defect in it to begin with? Well, anyway, thanks for the pics and I'm glad that both you and the rest of the bike came out unscathed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Bloody hell, just how big are the flies near you?!?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Why not try contacting Powerbronze. You never know your luck, they might replace it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. RS Robbo

RS Robbo New Member

Aug 17, 2019
    Kent
    Funny enough I tried my luck and emailed them yesterday. Came back to me this morning with a 10% discount code which is better than nothing :)

Just debating the Puig fly screen this time but it costs more and I'm not sure if it will offer up any more wind protection than the Powerbronze. Measurements are taller but being mounted to the outside and down the nose cone the screen height of the section above the nose cone will probably end up on par.

I could go without as I doubt either actually have much benefit but I like the way it looks and to me the bike feels unfinished without one.

• Like Like x 1