Fitting Denali Lights To A Tiger 900gt

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ricardodaforce, Mar 4, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ricardodaforce

Ricardodaforce Active Member

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    Hi everyone

I know nothing about these things! I was looking at these Denali lights. Does anyone know if the connector on the lights would plug straight into the installed connectors on the bike (where the official lights plug into), and would be controlled by the switch on the left hand grip?

These lights seem to be well rated and are cheaper that the Triumph ones.

Thanks in advance.

B7C30FDC-A6D3-4282-908B-B25265B1B9DD.jpeg

2. Steve T.

Steve T. Active Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Northern British Columbia
    Hi, that's a good question that someone will surely answer soon!
    As for Denali lights - they are top notch - don't worry about the "quality & durability"
    If I'm correct, the Tiger has a CANBUS electrical system and the Denali is compatible. So, you can actually use the various features of the lights (hi/lo etc)

I googled for Videos but didn't get any specific hits that shows the hook-up

P.S. You could email them directly re: connections on your bike

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ricardodaforce

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff

I’ve just emailed them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nikopm

nikopm New Member

May 1, 2021
    California, USA
    hey Ricardo! I just bought the same setup for my 900GT (got the D4 lights too, which I already have installed on another biked)

I was wondering if you ended up installing the Denali light on yours, and if so, if there's anything I should know about? Are you able to plug these directly in the triumph canbus?
    Thanks in advance man!

5. Ricardodaforce

Oct 30, 2020
    Cardiff
    Hey. I didn’t get them in the end.

6. nikopm

nikopm New Member

May 1, 2021
    California, USA
    if helpful, I found that - install manual for triumph fog lights

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hamish

Hamish New Member

Nov 8, 2020
    Selkirk, Scottish Borders
    Got a set of Denali S4s on my Tiger 900GT. They use the same loom as the one in your pic. Connection is fairly easy if a wee bit fiddly.
    I would advise you don't connect into the fog light connectors on the Triumph loom. Triumph fog lights are set up to only come on when the bike's headlights are switched on, not the daylight running lights, so you are restricted as to when you can have your Denalis on.
    Better to ignore the fog connectors and connect directly into the bike's loom as per Denali instructions.
    The Denali loom has a plug & play connection for a relay. As standard, the loom is fitted with an off/on relay. So as it says on the tin, this switches the lights off or on, there is no dual intensity. These lights are VERY bright and you would probably dazzle oncoming drivers if you left them on all the time.
    You can buy an accessory relay which is dual intensity. This replaces the original standard relay (thus the plug and play nickname) and gives you dual intensity (VERY bright, which is triggered by full beam and ½ intensity which the normal setting that you use for daytime running). If you are going to fit these to your bike, let me know and I'll give you some helpful hints on how to wire them in.
    Hamish.

• Like Like x 1